this dude at advanced auto parts...

beater

A guy at autozone once asked me if my rx-7 had a rotary (understandable question). i said yes, then he told me he knew A LOT about those engines (except apparently what car they came in). he told me i could run it on anything: methanol, ethanol, propane, butane, ANYTHING. just put it in the tank. I'm still wondering how I'm supposed to just put propane in my tank....

just call the store and ask for a 1983 corvette.

or a headgasket for a 91 rx7, and after they tell you they can't get it, just ask for a valve cover gasket.

don't forget the spark plugs on your duramax either.

I called the checker auto parts (advanced auto equivalent) out here in Phoenix and told them the BMW dealership in Scottsdale told me I need H.I.D. fluid for my headlights. The guy actually looks on the computer for a few minutes and tells me he can't find any info on that and tells me to call the dealership back to make sure. Edited by 6 Speed S4

works on internal wastegates smash the top alittle makes the spring rate higher= more boost

same concept as smashing a 1g dsm bov to stop from opening under boost

This would be correct...

I myself work at Advance auto part time here in Sunbury, I think I know a little about turbo cars...

Dan

I called the checker auto parts (advanced auto equivalent) out here in Phoenix and told them the BMW dealership in Scottsdale told me I need H.I.D. fluid for my headlights. The guy actually looks on the computer for a few minutes and tells me he can't find any info on that and tells me to call the dealership back to make sure.

This stuff happens? Unbelievable. I've never tried to give them the runaround like that, that's funny as hell...

This would be correct...

I myself work at Advance auto part time here in Sunbury, I think I know a little about turbo cars...

Dan

Can the stock fuel system handle "double your boost"?

I also have to question the wisdom of performing a *permanent* modification to tune the engine. Not to mention "crush" and "bend" aren't exactly precise.

Maybe I'm just being silly, but when the cost of failure is thousands in an engine rebuild (or replacement), I'm not going to cheap-out and start "crushing" or "bending" parts. Do it right the first time, or pay for it later.

If you double your boost, that won't be the only thing that bends or breaks.

Wow, thank you for being the first to point that out! You just can't say "I want more power...why don't I just double my boost". You'll fuck all sorts of shit up if you do that.

Theres no doubt that it works, but if you crush or bend it too much, you might not be able to go back. It wont always double your boost, you can control how much you want depending on how far you crush/bend it.

Its just not the way to do things. I know that on S4's some people have crushed the stock fuel pressure regulator to go from 4bar to 5bar pretty accurately. Again, not the right way to do things, you might end up screwing something up.

You're basically breaking something in a way that it happens to not work correctly in your favor.

If you want to ghetto rig your shit and have unfavorable results, then hell, by all means do this. However, I don't think that's what you're going for. Do shit right the first time so you don't have to do it again.