Thorne's Insane Project.

thorne

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a couple gas tanks with Rhino Liner for a semi driver. I painted them a marroon color after applying the rhino liner. You can paint right over top of it instead of trying to buy it in a certain color. Just apply the liner, prime it then paint it. Kinda like painting a honda valve cover after wrinkle painting it.

Thorne, Bad ass.... I saw this done on some Wranglers... if its not the heave textured stuff like Rhino liner, and it is the more rubbery kind with a little shine to it... it will = SEX

Keep us posted sounds cool as hell, I was going to do it to my Cherokee but money made me sell it :(

Updates. I'm Aiming to have it done next weekend "Crosses Fingers" It depends on how quickly I can obtain paint and parts for the tranny. I will not be posting final pics until after I can cruise out in it;)

But I'm going to post pics all along. Also Incase anyone else things they got Balls of Brass I'm making a how to video "My wife mostly but I stole the cam today" to place on youtube incase your insane enough to want to try.

2 coats. Allot has been learned about spraying. We know how to fix mistakes. We also learned how to not make certin mistakes.

We plan on 4-5 coats in the end and from our testing 3 coats is where the Ts stripping begins to become unnoticable.

http://www.40roll.com/wrx1/fenderdrying.JPG

Still drying

http://www.40roll.com/wrx1/fender2.JPG

Shot of the fender 2 coats

http://www.40roll.com/wrx1/fender.JPG

Fender shot #2.

We should have some more updated pics from TY later today. There are flaws and I will not hide them . I will explain

how we've found to fix and prevent them. I'm making a video as we go along with tips and our mistakes and how we fixed them.

It needs more coats but this can give you guys a sneak peak.

I did this to a intact pain chipping badly surface rust forming WRX.

I like playing in the dirt gravel and beating the crap out of the WRX. this allows such and It forces me to keep the car

Littleguy (norm) just finished repairing damage to my bumper.

This is just not a rattle can spray and pray. Once I release the video it will be more clear. we did allot of prep work to try and do it the best we could

Well 1 pic tonight. There is a crapload more done at 1 to 2 coats. The whole side has 1 coat on it and d@mn does it look secksy.

We've upped how much paint its going to take but i think its going to come out nice.

I won't be posting the final pics. Going to have to come out to see it but damn. I'll post up pics of the doors tommorow. It really brings together what the car is going to look like.

I won't lie im nervous as shit its going to look retarded but I'm balls deep . Better pics tommorow its late and I've been painting since i got home.

I do have a issue I can't find more product I'm calling around tommorow but atm I need APROX 25 more cans. Duplicolor is sending me 12 and I emailed them asking aboout buying 10-12 more.

I want this to look good.

on the subbie boards i called my car project stock because My intent was to look 100% stock from the out side. now its project stealth. Once you see it in person you will understand.

I'm also doing the stock rims flat black or tecxtured black to go with the car.

Sneak Peak.

Sorry it was late so I did not get to take many pics. This is a crappy pic.

Ty will be over for more photos

http://www.40roll.com/wrx1/peakattrunk.JPG

We fixed the corners and shit.