Thorne's Insane Project.

thorne

Hey bill, you should've bought the tintable stufff...check out this gti, it turned out really nice,the finished pics are near the bottom of the 1st page....i dunno, for some reason the color makes it a lot better, maybe because the black or grey most people do looks like primer at first glance.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4396877

That looks really good. Might have to get me some tintable Raptor Liner.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
i hope it looks better than in those pics....i like the idea, but either those pics are way bad quality, or it looks like shit...no offense that is...i hope all the splotchyness power washes out like you think it will

i hope it looks better than in those pics....i like the idea, but either those pics are way bad quality, or it looks like shit...no offense that is...i hope all the splotchyness power washes out like you think it will

+1

Cool idea, will be interested to see how it comes out. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope you are able to fix all the seams, jams, etc. I see silver all over.

No offense Thorne but I think you ruined your car IMO.

We'll have to wait and see. If it works, this will be awesome for what he wants it for IMO.

I like the concept, but...

1) I agree with others in noticing the obvious splotchiness to the paint in the photos

2) Regardless of pic quality, I'm discouraged to hear you say "I see 5 spots that need fixing"...because the number will probably be a lot higher when sunlight hits the car.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, but I'm worried at this point :(