My first observations from Phuket

Akula

i hear its quite the party scene, that is if its the place i'm thinking of. Is it pronounced like poo-kit, or f**k-it? If it's the first, my little brother was just there about a week ago on his asian trip. he started in china, hit south korea, thailand, vietnam, and is now someplace in japan.

I am not saying this isn't a fun job. I am saying that the politics and crap is taking away from the fun. I dig that I got to work for 45 minutes yesterday and spent the rest of the time drinking exotic drinks in a poolside bar.

Dude I couldnt afford to stay in a place like that much less an employer or job that would put me up there. Consider it a vacation, stay out of the ugly room, drink some and have a good time...

bar fine? long/short?

I am doing a convention for something I program manage.

5) What is the barfine? And how much is it?

The barfine is the money the customer has to pay to the bar to be able to take the girl out of there. It ranges from 300 baht up to 600 baht at Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Patpong. At beerbars it is more likely to be 300 baht. Sometimes there are different rates for different types of girls. For instance, some bars will ask more for girls who perform shows, some bars will ask more for service girls than for dancing girls etc. Also if you make long time(that is a few days or weeks) arrangements with a particular girl, you should consider that the barfine will have to be paid.

It is possible to avoid the barfine by making appointments with girls after their working hours etc. However, be advised that this is against the rules, even if you take a girl at closing time with you, you still are supposed to pay the barfine! If the barowner/manager finds out about this the girl will be in some kind of trouble.

Barowners often penalize the girls if they do not generate a sufficient number of barfines per month. For instance, it may be a rule to deduct from there salary if they do not reach 10 barfines per month etc. So sometimes, at the end of the month, the girls who did not reach their quotum, may be more easily willing to go with customers (be less discriminate) (go back to top of page)

6) What is meant by short-time(ST) or long-time(LT)?

Short-time you take the girl out of the bar with you for at most a couple of hours. She will not spend the night with you.

Long-time generally means she will spend the whole night with you.

Barfines for both are the same. If you have something particular in mind, discuss it in advance with the girl. While common in the past, most girls do not favor to go longtime with customers. One reason is that some of the better looking girls may want to go back to the bar, and pick up another customer. Most likely, some girls just want to get away from their customers. After all, there is some safety in not spending the whole night with someone you do not really know. Many girls will tell you they do want to go with you longtime, and after a few hours they will still try to get away. Be aware of that, we would suggest not to create a great fuss about it, and just pay the girl for the short time you have spent with her. (go back to top of page)

:lol:

Well, it was a good trip. I went out on the beach and was assulted by bar owners, tshirt shop owners, tailors, dude/chicks. I walked back to the hotel and got the F outta there.