Weekend Meet Spots?

gamereric1

car meets are dumb. lets be real it USE to be a place to setup races hence meeting so late. BUT if 99% of fucking people don't race anymore there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to do it. If a race is needed or setup there are plenty of easy ways to do it, and the 1% of people that actually do race meet at a quiet discreet location to prevent piece of shit people from coming out and bringing attention to them. If you people are so down to show off your shit why not plan more things like Doc's or try attempting a day car meet? What is the point of late car meets anymore. So I can stand around and look a ton of stupid high school kids or slow ass cars. Lets get real people.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car meets are dumb. lets be real it USE to be a place to setup races hence meeting so late. BUT if 99% of fucking people don't race anymore there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to do it. If a race is needed or setup there are plenty of easy ways to do it, and the 1% of people that actually do race meet at a quiet discreet location to prevent piece of shit people from coming out and bringing attention to them. If you people are so down to show off your shit why not plan more things like Doc's or try attempting a day car meet? What is the point of late car meets anymore. So I can stand around and look a ton of stupid high school kids or slow ass cars. Lets get real people.

but half the people who like to come out late is because they had work all day they took a nap and want something to do.. they don't like clubs and they just want to hang out with people like them. i hate finding myself in the situation where im like "hey going to good guys show""sorry man i gota work". All im saying is if people really want someone where to chill they need to stop making everything secret squirl.. I'm president of a Org and we always have fun because we don't haft to worry about what if the cops come or someone does a burn out. School clubs is the best way to do it lagit without money and sponsors and etc etc

Actually dover you have some good points inside your wall-o-text lolz

Some of us could care less about street racing and want nothing to do with it. I just like hanging out and having a good time talking cars and stuff like that.

I might actually take some of this into consideration for my sales pitch to the places I want to talk to.

the whole idea has lost its purpose. atleast at a bike night, its a party for enthusiasts. standing in an empty parking lot till dawn talking about the same shit is stupid.

Even better point now you got me thinking...

but half the people who like to come out late is because they had work all day they took a nap and want something to do.. they don't like clubs and they just want to hang out with people like them. i hate finding myself in the situation where im like "hey going to good guys show""sorry man i gota work". All im saying is if people really want someone where to chill they need to stop making everything secret squirl.. I'm president of a Org and we always have fun because we don't haft to worry about what if the cops come or someone does a burn out. School clubs is the best way to do it lagit without money and sponsors and etc etc

+1

Clubs aren't my thing, and I am always working. I just want to have fun.

This is why I don't go out anymore. I'm not about sitting/standing in parking lots anymore. I have better things to do.

(if you would have asked me this say 5-6 years ago, I was out every weekend, twice a week until 3am most days. Now I just don't care).

Even better point now you got me thinking...

Glad I can help. I just don't even bother going out anymore cause I know what it brings in. If we could establish a Car Night at a reputable place that includes food, live music, give-a-ways, alchy, and a clean established place would dominate all other stupid ideas.

+1

Clubs aren't my thing, and I am always working. I just want to have fun.

No im not saying JOIN a club... im saying there is a CAR club at OSU and if people put the same effort of asking these businesses to use their parking lot, the club will do it for free. All it takes is soemone contacting OSU car club and be like well we have this problem we need a spot to chill and they will be happy to do it .. it sounds Too easy but its really not.. there a CAR CLUB with a Car mission statement why would they refuse .. i mean there funding is FREE so no one will pay insurance on a lot a year, if its high risk they will provide security on days where you know people will get ignorant and i mean whats to worry about but a good time

Glad I can help. I just don't even bother going out anymore cause I know what it brings in. If we could establish a Car Night at a reputable place that includes food, live music, give-a-ways, alchy, and a clean established place would dominate all other stupid ideas.

Dover you are a fountain of useful knowledge

THE org will cover all that.. it comes out of there FREE money they get every academic year.. they are a car club so they have car prizes and i mean if there not using the money its just siting there ... So if someone steps up then it can happen.. I cant do it cause i do go to OSU im a wright state chapter and i doubt people in Columbus gona driving here for a event

there are several good spots we just don't tell the dumb ricers. people seem to just stand around making up excuses anyway. and all the good races seem to be to and from the spots. (thanks random silver C6 for the 90-160 and black camaro with the LS2) maybe we should just pick a road and drive around it all night like tokyo extreme racer zero. :)

This is why I don't go out anymore. I'm not about sitting/standing in parking lots anymore. I have better things to do.

(if you would have asked me this say 5-6 years ago, I was out every weekend, twice a week until 3am most days. Now I just don't care).

lol. its cause ur old u should be drinking beer and prum juice.. I mean Car spots arnt for everyone. if you expect to go somewhere is see some major action them maybe you should watch crank 2 on ur weekends. I mean honestly what do u expect when u go to the car meets

lol. its cause ur old u should be drinking beer and prum juice.. I mean Car spots arnt for everyone. if you expect to go somewhere is see some major action them maybe you should watch crank 2 on ur weekends. I mean honestly what do u expect when u go to the car meets

i expect a lot because thats how it used to be. maybe thats why it seems so shitty now.

i've got 8 full tapes from 2004-2006 one tape from 07 and half a tape from 08. shits weak.

If you asked that 5-6 years ago you'd get a different answer.

30 Chillito's and a large diet coke.

Back in the day we used to bring chair out and sit in the parking lots until 3 am and shoot the shit. We DID have a good time.

Too many kids these days playing their loud thumping music and in general too much stupid shit going on for me to be a part of it.

That and you're a noob when it comes to meets. Ask the OG how it really was :).

i expect a lot because thats how it used to be. maybe thats why it seems so shitty now.

i've got 8 full tapes from 2004-2006 one tape from 07 and half a tape from 08. shits weak.

You right.. Underground is suppose to be underground.. you cant expect everyone to Be loud with 100 cars in a lot and police not to drive by and be like WTF is this.. If people want to race all night let em do it but you cant expect it to be National trails at Kroger parking lot..

but you cant knock the people who just want to come out and show off their car and chill.. It just pisses the Chill people off when Shift crazy Joe is doing 360's around shoppin carts and the Chill people get banned..lol. if someone wanna show off they can go right down the street and do all that

If you asked that 5-6 years ago you'd get a different answer.

30 Chillito's and a large diet coke.

Back in the day we used to bring chair out and sit in the parking lots until 3 am and shoot the shit. We DID have a good time.

Too many kids these days playing their loud thumping music and in general too much stupid shit going on for me to be a part of it.

That and you're a noob when it comes to meets. Ask the OG how it really was :).

lol. You right but then again u cant Knock the youngins i means there was a TIME back in the 70's where u was that same kid thinking its coo to take ur old school Chevete playing chicken in the street..lol

You right.. Underground is suppose to be underground.. you cant expect everyone to Be loud with 100 cars in a lot and police not to drive by and be like WTF is this.. If people want to race all night let em do it but you cant expect it to be National trails at Kroger parking lot..

but you cant knock the people who just want to come out and show off their car and chill.. It just pisses the Chill people off when Shift crazy Joe is doing 360's around shoppin carts and the Chill people get banned..lol. if someone wanna show off they can go right down the street and do all that

agreed - underground used to be underground but now i think what has happened is the 2 scenes have split and the ricers go one place the racers go another the problem is the ricer "hey everyone look at me" is viewed as the "STREET RACING" scene and draws it into the spot light and it gets a bad reputation if anyone has ever seen the i'm a street racer documentaries they know what i'm talking about. no real street racer has ever gone on tv and said yea i'm street racer look what i have. look how cool i am

"speak softly and carry a big stick"

and remember

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."