Weekend Meet Spots?

gamereric1

Since we keep on getting kicked out, anyone know anywhere legit round Columbus we could go? So far Oreilly's Auto Parts on Brice is the only place to actually give us permission to be there without any problem.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 places over on the westish side off of 270 I need to talk to and hope to get something worked out.

Here is the problem that I am running into. "Well I don't want to drive to ______ side of town it is to far".

The problem is the dumbass people that keep causing spots to get shut down. Personally I think Polaris should not be the spot anymore. To many stupid people up there now and they are the ones doing the high speed parking and drift runs in the lots.

There are enough quality cars and people on CR we can dictate where the meets happen and police the tardz out. It is a matter of people setting the example and being responsible.

Just like driving to the east is too far. Well. Look, cruise or pay. We can get a spot in Columbus by downtown for $2500 a year which is for the insurance money for the company that would let us be there. They would want this as a umbrella policy if something happened on their property, if east and west and south and north is to far for people this would be teh best choice.

Just like driving to the east is too far. Well. Look, cruise or pay.

You forgot the 3rd option, stay home and play video games. Though a downtown option would be sick. Plenty of good photo-ops, and quick access to near every highway ... for the purpose of getting home efficiently. I ain't paying anybody though.

Yea exactly, I mean I wouldn't mind 2 dollars a night, but people would get pissed off about that. You'd only need 100$ a night then ur set. Maybe even less than that.

I don't know why people complain about driving. Shit, have 2 friends come with you and just cruise, who doesn't enjoy a cruise on a nice Friday or Saturday night...shit I drive around Columbus for the hell of it when its nice. Its better than being coooked up. I have a car to enjoy it, its been a little more than a year since I have had my eclipse and I have put 40,000 miles on it, just driving in Columbus.

I just sent a request to Iron Pony to use their lots on Friday and Saturday evenings, hopefully we get permission.

Edited by gamereric1
Update

here are the numbers for the spot in downtown columbus we are looking at

Property Rental $0/month

Mandatory Insurance $2500/year = 416.67 Month = Aprox $100/week = $50/meet day.

That means, if 50 cars show up and pay $, thats breaking even. This is a private gated lot right in downtown.

ahahhahaha thall never happen. not every one is willing to pay to park my car in a parking lot...

an what if you dont have x amount of cars so you dont have x amount of money are you charging double next week. lameee just find some one with a lot an borrow it from them for a case of beer

How bout I just say fuck organizing this shit. No wonder Les stopped. You find a lot that someone will give us written permission to park for free in downtown Columbus, or in Polaris.

I also just got a call, Casto does not want us on any of their properties in Columbus, Ohio/Dublin, Ohio.

Why don't we just hold meets in parking garages? That we can do no problem without getting into trouble.

How bout I just say fuck organizing this shit. No wonder Les stopped. You find a lot that someone will give us written permission to park for free in downtown Columbus, or in Polaris.

I also just got a call, Casto does not want us on any of their properties in Columbus, Ohio/Dublin, Ohio.

Why don't we just hold meets in parking garages? That we can do no problem without getting into trouble.

Well I would not get to worked up over it. Like I said I have a couple of places I need to talk with. That way there will be permission and no questions as to if we can stay. At that point it will be love it or go be gay with all the tards at polaris.

PARKING GARAGES SUCH as malls, the security will kick you out if your not shopping in the mall. loitering.... honestly its a lost cause unless you have a friend that owns the company an lot an he will be present at all times. if not then we can just keep playing the how long can we stay here game

not being a dick just realistic

Well I would not get to worked up over it. Like I said I have a couple of places I need to talk with. That way there will be permission and no questions as to if we can stay. At that point it will be love it or go be gay with all the tards at polaris.

Well said. All I know is I am tired of getting kicked out and moving from place to place. People are staying at home now cause people don't want to have a confrontation with the police. Maybe we should form a committee or group dedicated to managing weekly meets?

About the garages what about the ones you pay $5 for 6 hour parking? (and yes, that post about the garages was me being sarcastic, haha and itd be so Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift rofl)

Well said. All I know is I am tired of getting kicked out and moving from place to place. People are staying at home now cause people don't want to have a confrontation with the police. Maybe we should form a committee or group dedicated to managing weekly meets?

About the garages what about the ones you pay $5 for 6 hour parking?

Garages won't work they are to enclosed.

After this week I am going to really try to get a new spot lined out. I might try to make some calls later if I have time.

Between this and trying to get teh car show put together and promote a National R/C race things get kind of crazy lol.

Do the math... you are looking for a new spot.... right?

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

'

hahaha

we use to have a spot at qsl where they woudl allow us to tape/cone off a good portion of the parking lot jsut for columbus racing. problem with that is every other ricer fuck stick woudl park outside of it an think they are with us an would pull there ricer ways. do burnouts rev cars music ect ectect

I know QS&L at Polaris is hated now, but I was told last night that SlowMotion is holding a cruise-in every Friday night this summer out there.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing it along.

Well, now that's what I am talking about. Id rather be on the north side anyways...I will be living in Marysville in August and that drive from Marysville to Reynoldsburg isn't the shortest.

its 45 minuites from mad river to reynolsdburg. its not bad