No words can describe this.....just read

Rob1647545496

quoted from another forum,

"Ah, the automobile industry is now "In good hands." This is directed particularly to you engineers.

Automotive Industry Challenge... David Cole (From a senior level Chrysler person)

Monday morning I attended a breakfast meeting where the speaker/guest was David E. Cole, Chairman, Center for Automotive Research (CAR and Professor at the Univ. of Michigan . You have all likely heard CAR quoted, or referred to in the auto industry news lately.

Mr. Cole, who is an engineer by training, told many stories of the difficulty of working with the folks that the Obama administration has sent to save the auto industry. There have been many meetings where a 30+ year experience automotive expert has to listen to a newcomer to the industry, someone with zero manufacturing experience, zero auto industry experience, zero business experience, zero finance experience, and zero engineering experience, tell them how to run their business.

Mr Cole's favorite story is as follows:

There was a team of Obama people speaking to Mr. Cole (Engineer, automotive experience 40+ years, Chairman of CAR). They were explaining to Mr. Cole that the auto companies needed to make a car that was electric and liquid natural gas (LNG) with enough combined fuel to go 500 miles so we wouldn't "need" so many gas stations (A whole other topic). They were quoting BTU's of LNG and battery life that they had looked up on some website.

Mr. Cole explained that to do this you would need a trunk FULL of batteries and a LNG tank at big as a car to make that happen and that there were problems related to the laws of physics that prevented them from...

The Obama person interrupted and said (and I am quoting here) "These laws of physics? Who's rules are those, we need to change that. (Some of the others wrote down the law name so they could look it up) We have the congress and the administration. We can repeal that law, amend it, or use an executive order to get rid of that problem. That's why we are here, to fix these sort of issues".

CHANGE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS ?!?! Looks like they will want a Newton Czar next."

Where is the original info from? Seems phishy. Good read if true. But i truely6 hope it is not.

X2, needs sources, and context. If actually quoted word for word could've been meant facetiously. I say shit all the time that if someone just read it off a page, without the necessary inflection, would seem ridiculous.

There have been many meetings where a 30+ year experience automotive expert has to listen to a newcomer to the industry, someone with zero manufacturing experience, zero auto industry experience, zero business experience, zero finance experience, and zero engineering experience, tell them how to run their business.

The "experts" have been doing so well thus far. (example of possible misquoted sarcasm)

People don't like when things go different. Like Sol740 said, the "Experts" have been doing a GREAT job :rolleyes: . Look just because you've worked somewhere for 30+ years doesn't mean you have 30+ years knowledge. It could just be the first 5 years experience repeated.

And beside, at least they’re trying to do something. I’m not very political but what would you rather have in this situation? “Hey government, we want you to use the tax payers $$$ to help bail out our failing business… Oh, but we don’t want to do anything different, just give us the money so we can keep doing the same old shit… We’re good for it.”

And beside, at least they’re trying to do something. I’m not very political but what would you rather have in this situation? “Hey government, we want you to use the tax payers $$$ to help bail out our failing business… Oh, but we don’t want to do anything different, just give us the money so we can keep doing the same old shit… We’re good for it.”

Well then maybe they should send some people from manufacturers who aren't failing in there, not dumbasses without a clue.

edit: Not that that would work either, your question should be: what's the difference, people running a company that is failing, or people who don't know how to make a difference?

We are fucked, get used to it.

I really doubt that they are sending in complete fucking retards to do this. They my be stupid, but come on now. And lets face it, no one here knows what really went down, we only read whats on the internetz... but I guess that's FACT for most peopel. :jerkit:

I really doubt that they are sending in complete fucking retards to do this. They my be stupid, but come on now. And lets face it, no one here knows what really went down, we only read whats on the internetz... but I guess that's FACT for most peopel. :jerkit:

All I know is that we are in a recession that no one wanted to admit in the beginning, and so called experts said would be over this year. GM is out of the stock market and officially bankrupt, so get used to the fact that things are fucked and who knows for how long. Thats my opinion. :rolleyes:

Well this is all bullshit.

The item quoted above supposedly relates a real-life occurrence of this phenomenon, experienced by Dr. David E. Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research (CAR), in 2009. According to this account, representatives sent by the Obama administration presumed to lecture the auto industry about the type of alternative fuel/fuel efficient cars they "needed" to build and were not put off by the rejoinder that what they were proposing was a physical impossibility, one of them cluelessly insisting that they could legislatively amend or repeal any "law of physics" that interfered with their desired policy initiatives.

We asked Dr. Cole directly about this anecdote, and his response was that it had been garbled: He said that although he did once encounter, in a meeting with members of Congress, the suggestion that a "law of physics" should be legislatively amended, that meeting took place several years ago and did not involve representatives of the Obama administration (with whom Dr. Cole has never met): I have not met personally with the Obama Auto Task Force. The comments related to the "laws of physics" came from a discussion I had a number of years ago with several congressmen who said that we should pass a new 2nd law of thermodynamics.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/physics.asp

Well this is all bullshit.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/physics.asp

Lawl <3 Rob. I was going to say I stopped reading the article when I read "University of Michigan", and that had he not gone there he could in fact rewrite the laws of physics...well I guess I did just say it anyway. Hahaha I have to take any chance to hate on Michigan that I can. And Rob wins this thread...not C6 Rob.

McCain would have been even worse. Obama is just the lesser of two evils.

Bush put us in the mess, let's not forget that either.

What happened during bush's term. Sept 11th, Afganistan, War on Terrorism, Operation Iraqi Freedom, the elimination of Saddam from Power, gas hit 4.20/gallon, North Korea, $700 Billion dollar bailout #1, Stock market starts to plummet, banks go under, health care costs went up, foreclosures strike the US hardest hit in Florida and other states, unemployment rose, California Govt asks workers to work unpaid, car companies start going bankrupt, mortgages fail.