What's Up

matty2431

Hello all,

I'm actually new to the area. I've only been in columbus a year now, so I'm trying to meet some new people.

I have two cars

My daily driver is a blacked out 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Rallyart

and if your lucky, you'll see me pull the GT-R out of storage. It only has 6,000 mi in over a year. I bought it right when they were first released. As a long time Z car owner (all the way back to a Datsun Z), when I saw they were rereleasing the GT-R at Vette Prices I sold my 2003 Vette (it was an automatic anyway) and picked up the GT-R. I'll post photo's when I get a chance. The GT-R is a dark grey color.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/GT-RBack.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/GT-RFront.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/GT-RInterior.jpg

• Upvote 1

I loved the cali plates. Your ohio plates are so f-ing ugly. And what's up with the front license plate law in ohio? I parked the GT-R outside of a buddies house and a meter cop wrote me a $70 ticket for not having a front plate. Can they even do that if the car isn't technically on the road?
  • Upvote 1

I'll be around the meets for sure. I have brought the Mitsu around a couple times before, it doesnt have much going on other than black rims, headers and pipes and an intake. She sounds nice, but compared to the GT-R its like she's stuck in molasses.

She already has 26k, in one year. As you can see, she gets a lot of use. Its not technically a stock ralliart, but I call it that because its basically a track ready rally car as it stands right now. Just missing the vents.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/Lancerold.jpg

I havent taken any good photos with the new rims yet

I loved the cali plates. Your ohio plates are so f-ing ugly. And what's up with the front license plate law in ohio? I parked the GT-R outside of a buddies house and a meter cop wrote me a $70 ticket for not having a front plate. Can they even do that if the car isn't technically on the road?

yes they can, the front plate law is so fucking stupid here, but anyway welcome! the GT-R is a cool ass car

haha. Well with this crap weather, and terrible roads it doesn't come out much. I usually reserve it for saturday nights, taking out ladies and dinners. Other than that, it sits in storage under a car cover.

im german man, im not much for american (inefficient) muscle.

I appreciate it though, as a previous vette owner. God did that thing use to scare the shit out of me. I always did like, however, when you turn the key how you can feel the body tremble and twist. The vibration at stop lights was always cool.

I always was more for the refined throttle notes of say, my R, or the BMWs and infinity's. Even the benz's now are going with the throaty american sounds.

no I cannot afford the upkeep of an american car.

I had to add I absolutely love seeing a massive chunk of my paycheck auto debited out of my accounts each month... just for car payments. Its a huge kick in the nuts. Hence why I have no cash to do anything to my rides what so ever, but I couldn't and definitely did not want to drive the R in the winter time.

Edited by matty2431

no I cannot afford the upkeep of an american car.

Sure you can. Just do a lap around 270, im sure you will pick up all the parts you need next to the side of the road to build any american car you want.

How's the "mud escape" working for you? :lol:

Nice cars, you're just missing a Deutsche auto

im german man, im not much for american (inefficient) muscle.

I appreciate it though, as a previous vette owner. God did that thing use to scare the shit out of me. I always did like, however, when you turn the key how you can feel the body tremble and twist. The vibration at stop lights was always cool.

I always was more for the refined throttle notes of say, my R, or the BMWs and infinity's. Even the benz's now are going with the throaty american sounds.

time for a grande latte enema from starbucks?? we welcome all enthusiasts on this site. too bad you won't get a chance to see the taillights of my inefficient 700hp 4.6 liter. remind us how expensive upkeep is when the $20k transmission in your GTR decides to take a shit on you. other than that, nice collection of cars.

time for a grande latte enema from starbucks?? we welcome all enthusiasts on this site. too bad you won't get a chance to see the taillights of my inefficient 700hp 4.6 liter. remind us how expensive upkeep is when the $20k transmission in your GTR decides to take a shit on you. other than that, nice collection of cars.

werd. 4 launches til death.

badass gtr though, never seen one in that color! +rep

I like the ride. American, Import, Euro, they've all got their good and bad aspects. I'm more of an import guy myself (single turbo Toyota Supra), but coming from a muscle and euro background (dad's '77 vette, 1988 BMW 325IX etc.) I can appreciate those cars as well.

Welcome to the madness, and I'll give you +rep because you don't seem like too big of a doucher. :)

"time for a grande latte enema from starbucks?? we welcome all enthusiasts on this site. too bad you won't get a chance to see the taillights of my inefficient 700hp 4.6 liter. remind us how expensive upkeep is when the $20k transmission in your GTR decides to take a shit on you. other than that, nice collection of cars"

Oh puhlease. First track day I can make it I will GLADLY show you the ass end of the GTR. You mustang owners live in a totally different universe I tell you. And my uncle runs an Aamco transmission shop in Crakron, so that 20k tranny wont cost me a penny.

"Sure you can. Just do a lap around 270, im sure you will pick up all the parts you need next to the side of the road to build any american car you want."

Thats hilarious. I realized in one month of living here that 270 is a god damn NASCAR track. And the mud escape is bullshit. The Lancer does the same thing with the CVT. You step on both cars and at first... they go NOWHERE. Give them 2 seconds to spool up and your hauling ass though. A little more so in the GT-R. You can turn that shit off in the GT-R though, the Lancer, she's just stuck in tar.

There are still spots left for Dragway 42 on June 27th. Good times, good way to meet CR folks, and no waiting most of the day.

Bring your GTR and you just might lure some of the Cobras here out of their lairs :eek:

Welcome.

Niiiice evo btw. When I went to pick out a winter car (at dennis, please, don't ever go there. I just filed a BBB complaint against them) I wanted to at least test drive the Evo X, and maybe just maybe talk about buying it. The douche wouldn't even let me test it. How does that work? In cali, even if its a ferrari, if your interested in buying it, you can test anything. So here they wont even let you test a 30k car? Are you serious?

The 27th I have a lyons club golf outing out in lancaster, otherwise I would definitely roll the R out for that. Ive been dying to take him on the track. I'm SCCA registered with the Lancer, and I have yet to take that to an auto/rally cross yet. It always seems like Im either a) too hungover on saturday mornings, b) out of town or c) golfing.

Oh puhlease. First track day I can make it I will GLADLY show you the ass end of the GTR. You mustang owners live in a totally different universe I tell you. And my uncle runs an Aamco transmission shop in Crakron, so that 20k tranny wont cost me a penny.

stick to the golf outings mr. scientist.

Word.. and welcome.:cool:

:nono:

C'mon now.. you're looking just as bad as him now, Kirk.

Matt, if you haven't figured it out yet, people won't take light to your Domestic slander. I'm not much for a Domestic car person myself, but I can appreciate them for what they are. There are some really quick cars on this board, and I hate to say it, but they'd probably make your GT-R look like a Tyco car.

Anyhow, I +repped you.. welcome to the board, try not to step on feet.