What's Up

matty2431

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for your test driving discovery, get used to it. It only seems to be the run of the mill brands that do that. Go into a Porsche, audi, vw, bmw, mercedes etc dealer and you will have no trouble getting to drive most if not all cars they make.

However go into a subaru dealer and try to drive an STI......good luck. My dad went to drive an STI 3 times, once after owning a 1995 taurus, second time after a 2001 S4 and third time after a 2005 S4. All were cars bought new, the S4's were 42 and 52k respectively. He was about 50-58 years old over that span and was not allowed to drive an STI without financing and a the papers signed. What an absolute joke. We even tried to drive a 30k mile used version at byers and they wouldn't let us.......

My dad and I both walked into MAG when they had the first S5 demo in Ohio and we each drove it by ourselves for over 30 minutes. This was about 3 months before the first S5 was expected to arrive for sale.

I think its a load of crap. Especially with the Evo. Had they let me drive it, I'm sure I would've fallen in love with the car and probably ended up at the very least leasing the car.

The lancer however, I love to death. I drive that car into the ground. I've taken it off road a few times and she holds pretty well. I needed something a little less exotic, and a little less expensive (the R hurt my pocket book) to drive on an every day basis. I have a cracked vertabrae in my back, so sitting in the R seats for a long period of time isn't the most comfortable thing in the world.

I'm not stepping on any toes, I'm sure there are stangs out there that would absolutely dust the R in a straight line, but there's nothing wrong with a little friendly banter right? I have never been much of a mustang person in general however. Like I said, I come from a german background, my great great grandfather raced for Mercedez benz way back in the day.

http://www.forix.com/8w/f14/os-f14.jpg

Thats the old man himself in the french grand prix. They have one of his cars in the Indy museum.

Golf is something that I have done since I was 8, and the outing is with my boss, so I can't really cancel, although I would love to save myself the embarrassment. He'll probably demote me after the scramble.

And it's not really a brown, its a grey color but it has that brownish tinge to it... I love it. I think it makes the darker accents on the car, and the gunmetal rims look a lot better. Plus, you'll find out when you finally purchase a supercar, buying it in red, yellow, even black just screams 'pull me over'.

EDIT: The color is called 'titanium grey'

• Upvote 1

:nono:

C'mon now.. you're looking just as bad as him now, Kirk.

Matt, if you haven't figured it out yet, people won't take light to your Domestic slander. I'm not much for a Domestic car person myself, but I can appreciate them for what they are. There are some really quick cars on this board, and I hate to say it, but they'd probably make your GT-R look like a Tyco car.

Anyhow, I +repped you.. welcome to the board, try not to step on feet.

just some friendly hazing of the new guy. GTR's are fine by me, but a pulleyed cobra will put one down from a roll with relative ease. even with the 'get out of mud' function from a dig, the cobra will catch it by 3rd gear. apparently, the op is unaware of this??

i'd love a lancer for my winter car, and will definitely look into it

just some friendly hazing of the new guy. GTR's are fine by me, but a pulleyed cobra will put one down from a roll with relative ease. even with the 'get out of mud' function from a dig, the cobra will catch it by 3rd gear. apparently, the op is unaware of this??

i'd love a lancer for my winter car, and will definitely look into it

haha 'was that a cop'. One of my good buddies has a cobra with pipes but nothing else, and he thinks the car is god... it is not. Hence why I probably have such a bad image of cobra owners. He got dusted by a TSI on the strip once, but it still didn't shut him up.

haha 'was that a cop'. One of my good buddies has a cobra with pipes but nothing else, and he thinks the car is god... it is not. Hence why I probably have such a bad image of cobra owners. He got dusted by a TSI on the strip once, but it still didn't shut him up.

your friend needs to off himself. from a dig at the track, they can be difficult to master. but from a 40 roll with good tires and a pulley/catback/intake, or a bigger blower, you get the picture--even a novice can do well

haha, sure, get me drunk enough and I'll spill everything. The aliens, the nuclear reactor... all of it.

I don't think so. I would definitely lose my job and probably be ostracized by the US gov't

You wouldn't happen to live in Gahanna or new Albany would you? I saw a new GT-R. gray like yours and the front rims on it were almost black from the brake dust and just dirty as hell like it wasn't washed in months.

oh yeah, welcome.

I am not from gahanna but I was over there this weekend looking at a lot of land and I had the R out for that and for a minute today for a cruise. I usually keep it pretty clean though.

I live in westerville btw.

and if your lucky, you'll see me pull the GT-R out of storage. It only has 6,000 mi in over a year. I bought it right when they were first released. As a long time Z car owner (all the way back to a Datsun Z), when I saw they were rereleasing the GT-R at Vette Prices I sold my 2003 Vette (it was an automatic anyway) and picked up the GT-R. I'll post photo's when I get a chance. The GT-R is a dark grey color.

So is your GT-R :jerkit:

No its not, its a 6 speed paddle shift. I guess you cant really tell by the interior photo but if you look closely at the right side of the steering wheel... between the spokes you can see one of the aluminum paddles stick up infront of the windshield wiper control.

As for your test driving discovery, get used to it. It only seems to be the run of the mill brands that do that. Go into a Porsche, audi, vw, bmw, mercedes etc dealer and you will have no trouble getting to drive most if not all cars they make.

However go into a subaru dealer and try to drive an STI......good luck. My dad went to drive an STI 3 times, once after owning a 1995 taurus, second time after a 2001 S4 and third time after a 2005 S4. All were cars bought new, the S4's were 42 and 52k respectively. He was about 50-58 years old over that span and was not allowed to drive an STI without financing and a the papers signed. What an absolute joke. We even tried to drive a 30k mile used version at byers and they wouldn't let us.......

My dad and I both walked into MAG when they had the first S5 demo in Ohio and we each drove it by ourselves for over 30 minutes. This was about 3 months before the first S5 was expected to arrive for sale.

Your just so baller.

Welcome. You seem to have taken the banter in stride - that's a very good thing. A week from this coming Saturday, you should bring the GT-R out to the Cars & Coffee gathering at Lennox; no doubt there will be a crowd happy to receive it. (myself being one of them)

No its not, its a 6 speed paddle shift. I guess you cant really tell by the interior photo but if you look closely at the right side of the steering wheel... between the spokes you can see one of the aluminum paddles stick up infront of the windshield wiper control.

No. If you can make the car shift for you, it's not a manual...no third pedal, no care.

As bigbird stated, if it doesn't have a clutch pedal and has a fully automatic mode, its an automatic. My old GTI DSG was a dual clutch automated manual as well, however it is an automatic. You can drive it like an automatic, just gas and go. Automatic mode and no clutch pedal.

They just happen to be the only acceptable automatic, but an automatic nonetheless.

Thanks Aaron. I'm not hating (although I do hate that they didn't put a proper manual in the new GT-R, and I won't even go in to the launch control controversy), but don't justify selling your automatic car because it was an automatic...and then go buy another automatic. Nice car none the less.

I loved the cali plates. Your ohio plates are so f-ing ugly. And what's up with the front license plate law in ohio? I parked the GT-R outside of a buddies house and a meter cop wrote me a $70 ticket for not having a front plate. Can they even do that if the car isn't technically on the road?

It depends. At the time of the ticket, did it have Ohio or Cali plates on it?

ohio plates.

And I refuse to call it an automatic. Its shifts faster and more efficient than any one of you haters.

A week from this coming saturday would be the 27th, and I already stated I have a golf outing in lancaster that day so I will not be able to make it to either the gathering or the track day... sorry guys. Soon enough, I promise.

• Upvote 1

ohio plates.

And I refuse to call it an automatic. Its shifts faster and more efficient than any one of you haters.

A week from this coming saturday would be the 27th, and I already stated I have a golf outing in lancaster that day so I will not be able to make it to either the gathering or the track day... sorry guys. Soon enough, I promise.

And your skill has absolutely nothing to do with this. I can put my mom's base model Lancer into 1, 2, 3, and D...does that make it a manual?

I always was more for the refined throttle notes of say, my R, or the BMWs and infinity's.

almost forgot to post a pic of my nissan supercar. i also love the refined throttle note. its, dare i say-----sexy.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3131/s3500049.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3290/s3500044.jpg

alright, enough hazing from me. say hi to my old buddy matt gabler---maybe you'll know him, maybe you won't. he works at batelle (doing who knows what, i don't know). he's an old OSU grad school roommate of mine--very much into rallycross, he'd be about 32 years old

ohio plates.

Just because you don't want to call it one doesn't mean it isn't.

Why are you getting so butt hurt about it not being a traditional manual? The new dual clutch automated manuals are fantastic and very efficient, very fast and easy to extract excellent results from. There is no explanation needed for owning a car with one. They are great, but in the end, an auto.