Help me spend $2200 on my stock 2007 Mustang GT

missmy5.0

Thanks to all for the replies, I'm in the process of getting my "daily driver" within the next two to three weeks and then I will be ready to move forward on something. I take it that everyone basically under the general opinion that turbo kit is my best option for gaining speed from 40mph-100mph range?

Thanks to all for the replies, I'm in the process of getting my "daily driver" within the next two to three weeks and then I will be ready to move forward on something. I take it that everyone basically under the general opinion that turbo kit is my best option for gaining speed from 40mph-100mph range?

Any time you go forced induction you are going to pick up really good gains in that range especially with a turbo. The hardest part is going to be staying in the budget.

I understand that I'm currently working on a "budget" and that I may not be the customer to make the "big margins" on, but I also realize that a s197 turbo'd mustang will get a lot of attention/questions at a carshows, cruise in's, etc (which I will be attending any chance I get), this will be a very nice vehicle to have your name behind, as I will be very quick to name drop/promote the company/shop that builds this car for me.

Guest Removed
I understand that I'm currently working on a "budget" and that I may not be the customer to make the "big margins" on, but I also realize that a s197 turbo'd mustang will get a lot of attention/questions at a carshows, cruise in's, etc (which I will be attending any chance I get), this will be a very nice vehicle to have your name behind, as I will be very quick to name drop/promote the company/shop that builds this car for me.

and most should under stand that turbo kits for these go for what? 5k or more? and getting a turbo kit for 2200 is one thing, but what about fueling it(pump, injectors, etc) and yet still to install $$$$ and then tuning. maybe youre best bet is to stick with bolts ons..id say some used ones..i see the stuff here all the time and on buckeyestangs.

Budgets arent a bad thing. They are actually a great thing and more poeple should work within them. All I am saying is to get a look at the whole picture up front as to what things are actually going to cost before jumping in. How much power you want is going to dictate fuel requirements. I mean lests just say you want the 450 mark GT500 pumps are going to be the way to go right there is between $700-800 dollars just for pumps. Now you need injectors, there is a couple hundered more, spark plugs for the three valves are anywhere from $100-200 a set and you are going to need a colder set for boost. You are now at about half of your budget before you even begin to think about the turbo kit, getting it installed, or tuned. Unfortunately I see people all of the time that start a project only to find out they didnt budget ahead enough to cover crucial expenses. It is always cheaper to do the job right the first time than to go back and do it a second time because you cut a corner that shouldnt have been cut or end up in a situation that you think is going to cost $2500 only to find out that it is really going to be $6000 when it is all said and done. Now if you plan to do alot of the work yourself, it may be another story because you wont have to worry about labor.

and most should under stand that turbo kits for these go for what? 5k or more? and getting a turbo kit for 2200 is one thing, but what about fueling it(pump, injectors, etc) and yet still to install $$$$ and then tuning. maybe youre best bet is to stick with bolts ons..id say some used ones..i see the stuff here all the time and on buckeyestangs.

I will continue to explore my options. The car will stay stock before I install a $5000+ turbo kit, no worries here. Used bolt-on's don't sound like something that I'd be willing to lay $2200 down on either (something about that just doesn't feel right for what I'm looking to do). The $2200 isn't burning a hole in my pocket. I realize that these guys have a business to run and I respect that, if a deal can get worked out great, if not, no hard feelings here.

Budgets arent a bad thing. They are actually a great thing and more poeple should work within them. All I am saying is to get a look at the whole picture up front as to what things are actually going to cost before jumping in. How much power you want is going to dictate fuel requirements. I mean lests just say you want the 450 mark GT500 pumps are going to be the way to go right there is between $700-800 dollars just for pumps. Now you need injectors, there is a couple hundered more, spark plugs for the three valves are anywhere from $100-200 a set and you are going to need a colder set for boost. You are now at about half of your budget before you even begin to think about the turbo kit, getting it installed, or tuned. Unfortunately I see people all of the time that start a project only to find out they didnt budget ahead enough to cover crucial expenses. It is always cheaper to do the job right the first time than to go back and do it a second time because you cut a corner that shouldnt have been cut or end up in a situation that you think is going to cost $2500 only to find out that it is really going to be $6000 when it is all said and done. Now if you plan to do alot of the work yourself, it may be another story because you wont have to worry about labor.

Agreed, I will wait and do the car right when my budget allows, rather than slap something together that's worthless. I do think that there's a little room out there to work out a deal with someone on a fully installed turbo set-up though..... with that being said I'd love to see a PM with the BEST price that you can do on a turn key turbo set-up and a detailed explanation on what that price includes.

Guest Removed
I will continue to explore my options. The car will stay stock before I install a $5000+ turbo kit, no worries here. Used bolt-on's don't sound like something that I'd be willing to lay $2200 down on either (something about that just doesn't feel right for what I'm looking to do). The $2200 isn't burning a hole in my pocket. I realize that these guys have a business to run and I respect that, if a deal can get worked out great, if not, no hard feelings here.

im not saying go drop 2200 in used bolt ons, but say you find a 280 CIA, used for 150...., then you find a 800 cat back for 4-500 ? then install those and get it tuned...

first thing i would do is get the 2 piece plugs out of it ASAP, and put the 1 piece plugs in it.(if it hasnt been done already) but even then your looking at 150-300 installed. and if one of the old ones break, well you better hope the extractor tools work.

im not saying go drop 2200 in used bolt ons, but say you find a 280 CIA, used for 150...., then you find a 800 cat back for 4-500 ? then install those and get it tuned...

first thing i would do is get the 2 piece plugs out of it ASAP, and put the 1 piece plugs in it.(if it hasnt been done already) but even then your looking at 150-300 installed. and if one of the old ones break, well you better hope the extractor tools work.

The mustang plugs typically come out a lot easier than the trucks thank God! I agree on the getting the plugs out though. I cant remember for sure but I think mid 07 (could be mid 08) was the head design change where they went to a new 1 piece plug that nobody had a colder plug for forever. Brisk now offers them though.

Guest Removed
The mustang plugs typically come out a lot easier than the trucks thank God! I agree on the getting the plugs out though. I cant remember for sure but I think mid 07 (could be mid 08) was the head design change where they went to a new 1 piece plug that nobody had a colder plug for forever. Brisk now offers them though.

so far with the newer trucks i have been lucky...no breakers yet.

but i have dealt with the 02 down 4 thread ordeal :mad:, hell mine has done it. i have 4 insert's in my heads(2 in each bank), im just glad it was the front 4.:o and im just waiting on the back ones to spit out :(

cool part about the 05+ cars, there is enough room to fit all the tubing without doing a tubular kmember setup. Ill throw together some options with just doing the kit and leaving the maf, fuel, and tune up to you. Then give you a number with all that done where its ready to daily drive when you would take it back.

I havent been able to do any new videos lately but here are a few videos of my cars and a few customers

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=on3performance&aq=0&oq=on3perf

Chad, sent you a PM. I would like to get a quote on a set-up. Is there a phone number that you can be reached at to discuss?

In most cases I know 2200 couldnt do a full build. The thing is it will cost me money but at the same time Im able to get a kit built for the 05+ cars without having to buy one and do the mockup then. Its all part of r&d basically (write off)

I pm'ed you back with some details and Ill start gathering more info on my part because I wasnt quite prepared but can get this started very soon.

maybe youre best bet is to stick with bolts ons..id say some used ones..i see the stuff here all the time and on buckeyestangs.

I don't know shit about these cars or their parts, but that's exactly what i was thinking.

Headers, exhaust, intake. Maybe even think about some tires/rims, suspension, brake upgrades? Just talking in extreme generalities, but I really think that at first most people would be happier in the long run spending a reasonable amount here and there thank putting everything in go fast parts.

• 3 weeks later...
how about fueling it? and tuning it?

pump, injectors, etc etc....

turbo kit is one thing, but what about everything to support it?

I"m not sure what you're asking here................ but of course it will have proper fueling and tune.

I"m not sure what you're asking here................ but of course it will have proper fueling and tune.

I NEVER plan to push it over 425 rwhp, so the bigger pumps (gt500) are not needed, 450rwhp & beyond is not what I'm looking for out of this car. As far as injectors, we will prob end up using 39lb.

Guest Removed

im just wondering if you are getting a turbo kit, and injectors and tuning etc etc for 2200... thats all im asking.