Anyone turn their own wrenches anymore?

Hwilli1647545487

Hell, you started IPS :p

I still wrench on the smaller projects when I have time. Key word is time.

*cough Rob had to do your air filter *cough :p

I do when I have time, hell I was under the truck today... bu alot of things, either it's under warranty, or we have carriers and families now and would rather spend the time with those than under our cars getting pissed off.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still do for most things, if its something i cant do, or its just easier for a shop then ill take it to one, oil changes - thats on acura same price as buying the oil and filter from autozone.

I do...... depending on how cheap I can have someone else do it :D

BTW - NTB Downtown has Oil Changes for $18!!!! Fuck, you care barely buy a decent oil and filter for that! Let those guys (not Eugene, he is incompotent) get dirty (and make a little $) while you wait!

KillJoy

I do my own work like oil changes. tranny swaps in 10 minuites flat. oh an i swap in a nasty sweet motor an take two years to get it tuned an talk about how much faster i am then everbody but wont bring it out to the track..

interesting insight you have there craig

No sponsor here has ever touched one of my cars.

The one and only thing I have ever paid someone to do is to build a narrowed 9" for my S-10, and that has bit me in the ass hard. MULTIPLE times now. I could have paid for the specialty tools to do it myself twice over now.

Guest Removed
No sponsor here has ever touched one of my cars.

The one and only thing I have ever paid someone to do is to build a narrowed 9" for my S-10, and that has bit me in the ass hard. MULTIPLE times now. I could have paid for the specialty tools to do it myself twice over now.

BS...i touched your s-10 when i was out there buyying something for ever ago.:p

so was it the rearend that was the issue this last time?

Hell, I do other people's wrenching too. Just not a lot lately...

I will always attempt to tackle the job myself. Very rarely do I fail. I enjoy pushing the limits of what I know, just out of my comfort zone, then looking back at it and wonder why I thought it would be so hard.

That being said, I've had a few jobs that turned out to be complete clusterfucks as I ran into multiple challenges on what I thought would be a 2 hour job. THANKS AUDI!

P.S. I sold that headache a year ago today!

Guest tbutera2112

i do what im comfortable doing, and if i have any questions at all, rob is there to help with info or even helping me actually work on stuff... im not very good with wrenching, which is why i pay rob to do my wrenching for me usually... i went from very basic stuff like minor exhaust and brakes to trying to rip my car down to a frame, and it didnt go well...so i think im done trying to work on my own stuff lol, rob is taking over

i do my own oil, and then pads/rotors, fluids, exhaust if it doesnt require welding, and any other small things like that