Iron Pony, WTF mate?

JaSSon

Their business hours are weak!

I went there Tuesday to buy some chain maintenance supplies and a rear stand. I arrived at 8:12pm. The friggen doors were already shut, locked, and barricaded(!). I finally got the free time and went back yesterday (Sunday). I walked in at about 4:30 and wandered about aimlessly for a few minutes browsing BS i didn't really need but really wanted when i heard "Atten Iron Pony shoppers, the store will be closing in 15 minutes..." or some similar practiced GTFO speech. And then they started playing that "Closing time" song that bars usually play at last call.

Are you serious Iron Pony? Closing at 8 on a week day? Closing at 5 on a BEAUTIFUL Sunday with a store full of customers? And there was a fair amount of people in there. This is Your peak season, IP! Get with it! Where are your "Summer season hours"?

[/irritated rant]

Those business hours sound normal to me.. :confused:

Thats what I was thinking, actually I'm surprised they are open on Sunday. You know you can buy the shit online, that's what the rest of us busy people do. Dude I'm sorry your schedule sucks, join the club.

x2 on thinking there hours are fine.

they open 10-8 m-f

9-6 saturday

10-5 sunday

frankly i would want to get home to my family on SUNDAY as well. there hours are verrrry good in my opinioin for a motorcycle parts store. (hell most autoparts stores have crappier hours an they cater to more people then IP)

mabey you should go within there hours an just not cry about it lol? just throwing it out there goodluck

workers at iron pony have a life outside of there also. there hours work great for everyone but you. put yourself in there shoes.

I have no desire to walk in their shoes. And you completely miss my point. Iron Pony exists for 1 simple purpose: to make money. End of the day, that's why it's there. When I went last week, I would have guessed their hours to be till 10, 9 at the absolute earliest. This is their peak business season after all.

And I'm irritated that I had to make a 2nd trip to the store.

Guest Removed

so you want them to stay open till 9 or 10?

when its time for you to get off work, do you stay late for other people? or is it a mad dash to get home to your loved ones?

I have no desire to walk in their shoes. And you completely miss my point. Iron Pony exists for 1 simple purpose: to make money. End of the day, that's why it's there. When I went last week, I would have guessed their hours to be till 10, 9 at the absolute earliest. This is their peak business season after all.

if you were "upset" about them closing on you before you made a second trip...didnt you think to check out what there hours of operation are....

so you want them to stay open till 9 or 10?

when its time for you to get off work, do you stay late for other people? or is it a mad dash to get home to your loved ones?

this.

This is exactly why they don't extend their hours. They know what they have and they know that people will come no matter what, even if it is inconvienent.

I think 9pm could be reasonable on weeknights, but being open til 5pm on Sunday makes up for it I feel.

Guest tbutera2112
totally forgot about this!! most bike dealers/parts counters/showrooms are closed on sundays...

many are even closed monday as well

i used to work there, and i can say that 8 is plenty late...after the store closes, theres still a half an hour to an hour worth of work left for the employees... close at 8, get off at 9...ide say thats late enough, if the store closed at 10 then employees wouldnt be leaving until 11....you wanna work till 11?

Guest Removed
totally forgot about this!! most bike dealers/parts counters/showrooms are closed on sundays...

for that matter most close at what..5? thru the week

Classic argument, but seriously theya re open more than just about any other motorcycle shop I know of(mine included). I would like to kno the hours you work. Do you not go to work to make money? Iron Pony is not Walmart so give them a break.