Mid-Ohio July 10, 11, 12 whos going?

Rob1647545496

I was supposed to work tomorrow but can't now thanks to my boss getting fired and another coworker being a no-show now.

I will be at the August event, we already have the hotel reserved. Rob, you going to that one? Ray is coming from Chicago for this one.

I might be there Saturday afternoon after the Dublin car show. My brother and dad are working at the event and my brother is taking a track course to get this license with his 98 Vette.

Matt,

I plan to stop over to your garage if I make it.

Packing up to leave in here in a couple hours.

I'll be running one of the PakExp Civics in TTE.

We'll be in garage 28, feel free to stop by.

Werd, I will be there too, but just hanging out. Glad to see your running in one of the cars this time! :bangbang:

There will be a ton of people down in that area, plenty of them current/former CR guys. Come say hi.

so guys how did it go?

The results have yet to be posted but I think I ended up with a 5th place finish in TTE with a best lap of 1.47.1 Mid Ohio is not my best track:(

The rest of Pakistan Express did very well. !st and 2nd place in the enduro and a win on Sunday.

Rob, good to see you there, wish I had more time to chat. Are you going to make the August event?

The results have yet to be posted but I think I ended up with a 5th place finish in TTE with a best lap of 1.47.1 Mid Ohio is not my best track:(

The rest of Pakistan Express did very well. !st and 2nd place in the enduro and a win on Sunday.

Rob, good to see you there, wish I had more time to chat. Are you going to make the August event?

for the people that are new to road courses what is tte?

an what does the enduro conssit of? i assume a longer race obviousily ?

for the people that are new to road courses what is tte?

an what does the enduro conssit of? i assume a longer race obviousily ?

TTE = Time Trials Class E. Essentially Time Trials is the step between open lapping or HPDE and wheel to wheel racing. You get 5 15min. sessions to try and post the best lap time. There is open passing but since you are not trying to finish first, only get some good laps in, there are not any aggressive maneuvers or passes. I have not yet gone for my comp. license so that is where I play.

The enduro on Friday was a 90 minute race with one required 5 gallon fuel stop. NASA's typical Sat. and Sun. races are 40 minutes with no pit stops.

not sure yet depends on my financial situation. but i will try.

i don't think you need a competition license for open track days

Correct, that's why matt is doing time trials, because he doesn't have his comp liscense yet. The level above where he is at you need them. That's full wheel to wheel where you get 1st ,2nd and so on for the total race.

So I could show up to an open track day with my nissan and just the standard SCCA license? Do you have to have the physicals taken care of etc? I'd really like to do this.

I have...

A car

A helmet

A firesock

A SCCA first gear license (still only 25)

A pair of racing shoes

Balls as big as a watermellon

So could I show up on an open track day and TTE?

So I could show up to an open track day with my nissan and just the standard SCCA license? Do you have to have the physicals taken care of etc? I'd really like to do this.

I have...

A car

A helmet

A firesock

A SCCA first gear license (still only 25)

A pair of racing shoes

Balls as big as a watermellon

So could I show up on an open track day and TTE?

If you join NASA for $40-$45 you can run with us at Mid Ohio in August. I'm not sure if your SCCA first gear license will allow you to run in Time Trials but you don't need any license to run HPDE. If you are able to or end up running Time Trials you will most likely be in TTA with your Datsun.

Some links to check out for more info;

[url=]http://www.nasa-tt.com/

i was going to recommend nelson ledges. $120 for open track days.

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTFunDays.aspx

here are the list of dates of the track days

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTSchedulesDetail.aspx?eventID=84&thisMonth=8

Edited by frenchy chan
editing to add another link

If you join NASA for $40-$45 you can run with us at Mid Ohio in August. I'm not sure if your SCCA first gear license will allow you to run in Time Trials but you don't need any license to run HPDE. If you are able to or end up running Time Trials you will most likely be in TTA with your Datsun.

Some links to check out for more info;

[url=]http://www.nasa-tt.com/

To add to what Matt said, and this is just my understaing as I haven't gone through this yet. Read up on the websites to be sure. In NASA you start out in HPDE 1. You 'graduate' from 1 and you go to 2. There is HPDE1-4 and you need to 'graduate' from 4 to go to Time Trials.

If 1st gear has to do with autocross, it will likely mean squat with anything having to do with open lapping, whether that be in SCCA or NASA.

Yup. Just look at NASA's schedule and sign up for the next hpde 1 at mid Ohio. I'm not sure if there are any more there this year though. A group of us will be there for moral support and any questions you might have. Nelson is much cheaper, but afaik no instructor and that track is more dangerous than mid Ohio.