Interview attire?

verse

Management position: wear a suit.

quoted for the truth. I knew a guy going for a new job posting in the same company he worked at. Lets just say it was a lateral move with SLIGHTLY better pay. He showed up in a wrinkled polo and his 'nice' jeans (did I mention this guy is probably the biggest hillbilly you'd ever meet?), needless to say they opted to give the job to the same individual who just a year previous left that same exact position.

I agree with Rotarded, it doesnt matter what position or what your work attire would be in said position, wear a well fitted suit regardless.

As an interviewer, I will make the assumption that during the interview is the best I will ever see you dress. If you come to the interview in khakis and polo, then I'm going to wonder how you will dress for work every day? Bring 2 or 5 copies of your resume (never know how many people you may be interviewing with), have references ready. Both should be printed on high quality paper.

I was taught to wear one level up from what you would be wearing at work. So if you're going to be wearing a dress shirt and no tie to work, then add the tie for the interview. If you're going to wear the polo to work the where a nice dress shirt.

Wow Business Casual. I wear a suit to any interview unless I'm specifically told not to in a situation such as going to an interview for a staffing agency who already basically got me the job anyway.

I mean I am all for wearing suits, but sometimes it is just not "appropriate". He might come off as a douche wearing a fitted suit for a manager at an auto parts store and no one likes working with a douche.

I'd say everything but a jacket.

I mean I am all for wearing suits, but sometimes it is just not "appropriate". He might come off as a douche wearing a fitted suit for a manager at an auto parts store and no one likes working with a douche.

I'd say everything but a jacket.

That's actually my thinking. I think I'm going to go with a dress shirt and tie, but I've seen techs come in for interviews in full suits. They just look like complete douches.

what do the people wear who work wear you are interviewing? then wear something nicer than that

This man speaks the truth, for whatever the positition applied for, find out what day to day attire is, then dress up one step above it. I was always told this, and I have always had great success with this. As stated above, it is better to be over dressed, rather than under dressed.

Ty

That's actually my thinking. I think I'm going to go with a dress shirt and tie, but I've seen techs come in for interviews in full suits. They just look like complete douches.

I interviewed for a service writers position at Saturn West in a suit. Everyone looked at me funny at the time. It wasn't funny after 4 months when I took over the department.

The point is, that there is only ONE person you are trying to impress and that is the person your are interviewing with. YOU CAN NEVER BE OVERDRESSED FOR AN INTERVIEW! You can be under-dressed though! Do you want to take that chance?

First interview/job out of college... fitted suit.

Interview for my current position... Just a really nice button up shirt/tie and dress pants. I had a jacket just incase, but it was 100 degrees out and I was already overdressed. I didn't bother to put it on once I got off the plane.

I interviewed for a service writers position at Saturn West in a suit. Everyone looked at me funny at the time. It wasn't funny after 4 months when I took over the department.

The point is, that there is only ONE person you are trying to impress and that is the person your are interviewing with. YOU CAN NEVER BE OVERDRESSED FOR AN INTERVIEW! You can be under-dressed though! Do you want to take that chance?

How is this on 2 pages folks? It's been said, and now you have an example of how it is with a suit. You go to work for you and what you bring to the table defines you. The other people that don't put the right effort forward can just keep watching you. Fuck them for half assing and shit talking your approach. You get the job, you win. Suits right. Do it now.

On second thought go with the suit.

Because after all at most auto parts stores it isn't the guy who knows about cars in the khakis and polo who is the manager, it is the guy who came in knowing absolutely nothing about cars but had a suit on. Probably very true.

On second thought go with the suit.

Because after all at most auto parts stores it isn't the guy who knows about cars in the khakis and polo who is the manager, it is the guy who came in knowing absolutely nothing about cars but had a suit on. Probably very true.

The resume gets you the interview.

The interview gets you the job.

Dress for success or you won't get the job.