Discovery Channel: The Colony

Buck531

I've been seeing this showing up on Discovery lately. 10 people are going to basically start over and try to survive.

Looks interesting.

I'm sure the people watching Deadliest Catch have watched the commercials for it.

This will go along great with the book im reading about a post apocolyptic (sp?) America. I left it in the car or I'd mention the title, either way I recommend it for people who enjoy watching/reading shit about the end of civilization, good stuff.

I dont like the fact that they seem to already have what they need to survive. I want to see a small city live for 1 year and then abandone it and then have these guys come in and see if they can survive. I dont know where I would get a 10'x10' solar panel like in the commercials.

So what are they supposed to do when the 'gang' actually gets in? I would assume they can't beat on them with pipes since it's all staged.

The HandyMan is pissing me off so far, though.

I thought the same. Im sure the producers are saying the whole time "act like its real, this is really real!", If thats true i would've hit someone by then. Not acting like a hardass but thats what would happen in 'real life' if the circumstances were "real". Its not a bad show, i'll probably still watch but its a bit frustrating to watch and constantly be reminded its just a social project.

So, who here would let the other 4 players into the sanctuary if you were in that position?

So, who here would let the other 4 players into the sanctuary if you were in that position?

The engineer guy had the right mindset about it (being hesitant to let them in) but I think he overdid it a bit being so dramatic. Either way, don't think I woulda let random nomads into the newly acquired "sanctuary" where all of the food, water, and supplies were being stored. If the area was supposed to be abandoned...why couldn't they have found and claimed a different sanctuary?

• 1 month later...
bump. lol.

I think they only have two more episodes left. Has anyone else been watching this? I have from start to now.

Im still watching it. The crazy shit these guys build are fucking insane. I had no idea you could purify water with ozone, or that there was even such thing as wood-gas?! That added to the fact of all the random shit they build is pretty impressive. Though i thought they focused WAY too much on creature comforts rather than defense or food/water supplies.

Of course its far from a real case scenario but its entertaining nonetheless.