Wanted: Skilled Circuit Board Soldering

Rotarded1647545491

I need to find someone who has the proper tools, the proper skills, the proper experience, and the desire to help me out with an electronics project.

This is being done on a car stereo head unit that will be removed from the car, and opened up exposing the circuit board.

I need this done:

http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=236

http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=369

PM me if you are the man, or woman. Those with Parkinson's Disease need not apply.

Disclaimer: This mod allows you to use ALL of the navigation functions while the car is in motion. As it sits now, you must come to a stop and engage the e-brake before you can use ANY of the Nav functions. My unit allowed this prior to the installation of an upgraded/updated map disc. Now it's a pain in the ass, especially when on the highway, to change/search destinations/routes as you must pull over. My navigator is no longer useful to me. I might as well by a fucking atlas.

Edited by Rotarded

Disclaimer: This mod allows you to use ALL of the navigation functions while the car is in motion. As it sits now, you must come to a stop and engage the e-brake before you can use ANY of the Nav functions. My unit allowed this prior to the installation of an upgraded/updated map disc. Now it's a pain in the ass, especially when on the highway, to change/search destinations/routes as you must pull over. My navigator is no longer useful to me. I might as well by a fucking atlas.

They started doing this dumb shit on factory navs a few years ago. I did not think they would include it as a update on aftermarket that is ignorant. Good luck in finding someone with the skills.

Free bump

I did the same kind of thing on both of my cars (soldering in ipod integration). It's not as hard as you would think. Try to pick up a 20 watt iron with a small tip and go to town. I could help, but I really just have the tools, steady hand, and the reckless attitude - not the experience.

That solder in your photo looks a little messy. I bet you could do better :)

Certified by the US Navy in Micro and Miniature soldering. I have done SMT and thru-hole for a few years. You just need a jumper installed?

Or this ^^

I could have used you before I tore apart that broken iphone....

Yeah I know, I saw it but it had already been quoted. I was typing it as I was headed out the door to catch the mailman.

Trying to get him to inseminate you? :D

Should have fucking called me, I can do this... you just have to pay me in drinks. See, I will have to be sober for a few days to get rid of the DT's so I can solder something this small, so you will owe me a few drinks after.

Looks like I got it together so I am pleased about that. Good to meet you Mike.

Thanks again. It was good to meet you as well. Care package to follow!

Cliffs:

Rotarded: Dis-assembles Car stereo head unit, delivers to Akula for bypass/hack

Akula: His mad skills and steady hands solder a tiny-ass wire to two points the smaller than the dot above this i <

Rotarded: Puts head unit back together and tests. Hears grinding.

Rotarded: Dis-assembles/re-assembles 3 times to find he himself has fucked up the monitor's motor.

Rotarded: Sends unit out for repair leaving a gaping hole in his dash.

/story

Thanks again. It was good to meet you as well. Care package to follow!

Cliffs:

Rotarded: Dis-assembles Car stereo head unit, delivers to Akula for bypass/hack

Akula: His mad skills and steady hands solder a tiny-ass wire to two points the smaller than the dot above this i <

Rotarded: Puts head unit back together and tests. Hears grinding.

Rotarded: Dis-assembles/re-assembles 3 times to find he himself has fucked up the monitor's motor.

Rotarded: Sends unit out for repair leaving a gaping hole in his dash.

/story

Thanks for the lolz.