Speed Cameras (Heath)

zuht

you are aware this it the guy who practically builds this site right? i can see now why you got caught an got a ticket :gtfo:

oh an want to talk about trolling ...you post every few weeks(usually ina for sale thread go figure) ... just saying

Yes, I am. And lurking is not trolling.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill- They started installing them in June and sent out warning letters. They went live July 1st. They are located in several spots the entire length of Rt. 79 through Heath.

The one that gets the most violations is the speed only camera that is located at the edge of Heath. As I have traveled through this area, I've noticed many drivers trying to "run me over" to speed up because they think they have passed the last traffic light in town but there is one more camera. ;)

I dont understand why people are bitching about getting tickets. If your not SPEEDING or RUNNING a RED LIGHT you have nothing to worry about so obey the local traffic laws and you'll have not tickets

i understand your point and agree with it..........but............your telling all of us YOU dont speed or run the ocasional red light? yea, right. to me it just feals like the city is being sneaky, even tho they are in plain sight. sometimes having a good driving record got you a break. i cant see that in this situation............just my .02.....

Guest tbutera2112
i run a red light 4 days per week...theres one right by school that takes 10 mins to trigger...its fucking lame...i pull up, stop, looks both ways, and go

you are aware this it the guy who practically builds this site right? i can see now why you got caught an got a ticket :gtfo:

oh an want to talk about trolling ...you post every few weeks(usually ina for sale thread go figure) ... just saying

How does that butt hole taste?

My neighbor moved to Phoenix AZ last fall and over Christmas people dressed up like santa clause and beat the shit out of the cameras or spray painted them like a christmas tree. He said it was on the news with a pic of santa right before he beat the camera with a ball bat. I would love to see that, and it has to have pissed them off but hey maybe someone should do that in this situation lol. (im not implying ME)

my grandparents were driving to the honda dealership (hinderer?) and my grandpa thought it was 40 or 45, and got 2 tickets within an hour of each other. whats funny, is he was doing 47 on both

whats even funnier, is he has a newspaper article hanging in his home office thats from the 60's-ish, where he was the first person in heath pulled over by radar or laser or whatever the new thing was. i lol'd

My problem with these things goes way deeper than just the obvious constitutional issues. They are NOT legal in Ohio due to a provision in ORC that states that an officer can only issue a ticket if they WITNESS a traffic violation, and only the witnessing officer can write the ticket, and the various cities and villages that are installing them are taking advantage of a very shady loophole in state laws written to allow radar/laser enforcement.

Plus, these things are set up and run by private companies, and there are a shit-ton of fraud, tampering, and graft cases against some of these companies for skimming funds, paying bribes, and even worse, manipulating cameras. They set them to go off at lower speeds than the law calls for, or to trigger early at red lights. Several cities have even shortened the yellow at camera intersections. Plus, several studies have shown INCREASES in traffic accidents at camera intersections as drivers slam on their brakes to avoid the camera instead of coasting through a late yellow.

Back home in Australia they brought those damned red light cameras into service, next thing was speed cameras, then they took those duties away from the police and the citations are issued by public servants and private companies, now if you are doing 2kph (1.5mph approx) over the limit you will get a severe ticket, be afraid, be very afraid.