What is it with the newbs

SAMBUSA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MY bad fellas...Well this is my story......

Since I wasn't listed as "one of the cool kids" since I didn't have the black 600rr

I was selling my bike on Columbus racing, and someone asked if I had thought about ohio-riders to sell it...I didn't know there was a motorcycle forum for ohio, so I joined to be part of the group and meet guys to ride, but wanted to throw my bike on there as well...So i joined, and also put my bike for sale...But plan on getting a new bike the day mine sells, so I'm not on here just to sell a bike!

MY bad fellas...Well this is my story......

Since I wasn't listed as "one of the cool kids" since I didn't have the black 600rr

I was selling my bike on Columbus racing, and someone asked if I had thought about ohio-riders to sell it...I didn't know there was a motorcycle forum for ohio, so I joined to be part of the group and meet guys to ride, but wanted to throw my bike on there as well...So i joined, and also put my bike for sale...But plan on getting a new bike the day mine sells, so I'm not on here just to sell a bike!

There are always a few that ruin in for the rest of the good ones. I think they are refering to users that create an account, have no intro, and just throw things out to sell. Without really exploring any other part of the OR group.

Glad you are here.

It'll be taken care of soon. 50 post minimum to start threads in the classifieds section.

Man, I think that's kinda high. I think 25 is cool and that they need to introduce themselves first post to even be able to access certain areas...

50 seems pretty high and considering that a lot of these guys have found the site through whatever means, suggests that it is getting out to the public. Making it more than the average sites out there to post classifieds could cause them to be turned away...

The noob in question here, who started posting his stuff for sale, only had about 30 posts last night when I got home & read what was goin' on.....And that was after he'd started both his sale threads & the flame war that ensued, with him gettin' defensive/$hitty to everybody

**Just checked.....He's got 35 posts as of right now.....including the sale threads & flame responses

Edited by Fonzie

Noooobie and Damn proud !!!

Wanna buy some shit ?? I gots lots of shit !!

Just playin, That is standard for forums to have a min. post count to put shit in classifieds. If they don't like it they don't belong anyways !! ( 2 cent smiley goes here )

I started the this thread cuz I noticed 3 new guys all within a week all had a bike for sale. and that was pretty much all we knew about them. it wasnt one particular newb, and for the record I have nothing against any of them. just want to try and protect our members from scammers. wasnt saying that any of the 3 are scammers, but they could be and we wouldnt know til its too late

The noob in question here, who started posting his stuff for sale, only had about 30 posts last night when I got home & read what was goin' on.....And that was after he'd started both his sale threads & the flame war that ensued, with him gettin' defensive/$hitty to everybody

**Just checked.....He's got 35 posts as of right now.....including the sale threads & flame responses

I guess my concern is how would it be different had he got an additional 15 posts and you still bought the bike?

I mean, we have guys like Kawi Kid that bump and post smilies in every thread and have over 5k posts... What if the guy kept bumping his "hello, I'm new" thread 50 times??

I think 25 posts is more than fair in the attempt to make it more inviting to newbies. I think practicing good buying habits is a goal we all should have 50 posts or 5,000...

You got ripped off and I think it would have happened either way. Had nothing to do with being new as much as it did the guy was a fucking snake...

On the WERA board, you got guys with 100s of posts and yet they rip people off...