What is it with the newbs

SAMBUSA

I guess my concern is how would it be different had he got an additional 15 posts and you still bought the bike?

I mean, we have guys like Kawi Kid that bump and post smilies in every thread and have over 5k posts... What if the guy kept bumping his "hello, I'm new" thread 50 times??

I think 25 posts is more than fair in the attempt to make it more inviting to newbies. I think practicing good buying habits is a goal we all should have 50 posts or 5,000...

You got ripped off and I think it would have happened either way. Had nothing to do with being new as much as it did the guy was a fucking snake...

On the WERA board, you got guys with 100s of posts and yet they rip people off...

Very good points. Hopefully a min post count will deter the scammers from the very start.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my concern is how would it be different had he got an additional 15 posts and you still bought the bike?

I mean, we have guys like Kawi Kid that bump and post smilies in every thread and have over 5k posts... What if the guy kept bumping his "hello, I'm new" thread 50 times??

I think 25 posts is more than fair in the attempt to make it more inviting to newbies. I think practicing good buying habits is a goal we all should have 50 posts or 5,000...

You got ripped off and I think it would have happened either way. Had nothing to do with being new as much as it did the guy was a fucking snake...

On the WERA board, you got guys with 100s of posts and yet they rip people off...

Several things.....With as many newbs as we've had joinin' lately, I don't think 50 posts will be much of a deterrent to the ones who are here for legitimate fellowship, rather than using this as a pre-crackwhored CraigsList. If all they're doin' is postin' 50 smilies so they can post their sale ad......That should be a red flag right there as to their intentions of using our site

Also....For clarification....I'm not the one who got ripped off. That was Sam

Why I dont trust newb's

First pic is what my bike should still look like

SamsBusapics010Small.jpg

2nd pic is what happened to it the day after i got it home

BATHROOM014.jpg

Shit started peeling off. Had to get entire bike repainted. Trusted a new member, a sponsor even. Will NEVER happen again

Holy shit. Glad that wasn't on here.

Shook it off? No, it's a busa... the paint couldn't handle the acceleration.

Newtons 1st law.

Though to be fair, I heard Suzuki has to put special 'busa certified paint on the bikes to keep it from happening. Maybe the painter didn't know?

If you paint any other vehicle with special 'busa paint, the paint actually constantly pulls the vehicle in reverse to try to counteract the massive acceleration.

Edited by JRMMiii

I started the this thread cuz I noticed 3 new guys all within a week all had a bike for sale. and that was pretty much all we knew about them. it wasnt one particular newb, and for the record I have nothing against any of them. just want to try and protect our members from scammers. wasnt saying that any of the 3 are scammers, but they could be and we wouldnt know til its too late

i gave up on this awhile ago cuz apparently i post to much. granted i know ALOT of people on here and have rode with a large part of o.r.

oh wait here it is again :lol:

Noooobie and Damn proud !!!

Wanna buy some shit ?? I gots lots of shit !!

Just playin, That is standard for forums to have a min. post count to put shit in classifieds. If they don't like it they don't belong anyways !! ( 2 cent smiley goes here )

Actually I think it should be a min amount of TIME on the forum.. Anybody can get 50 posts in 5 mins.. Just ask Nick...:D

Newtons 1st law.

Though to be fair, I heard Suzuki has to put special 'busa certified paint on the bikes to keep it from happening. Maybe the painter didn't know?

If you paint any other vehicle with special 'busa paint, the paint actually constantly pulls the vehicle in reverse to try to counteract the massive acceleration.

Actually Sam was driving his truck to fast with the bike on the trailer.. Well that was the story the painter gave.. :eek:

Actually Sam was driving his truck to fast with the bike on the trailer.. Well that was the story the painter gave.. :eek:

Don't forget the snow.....It's all Sam's fault for pickin' it up in an open trailer while it was snowing......'Cause it was painted in Crayola water color chrome, don'cha know?!? :rolleyes:

Don't forget the snow.....It's all Sam's fault for pickin' it up in an open trailer while it was snowing......'Cause it was painted in Crayola water color chrome, don'cha know?!? :rolleyes:

Only it wasnt snowing when it got picked up. it was snowing when I got there but it still wasnt done, just a short 6 months after they had been working on it

Newtons 1st law.

Okay. Yous gots way too much college goin' on there, J. All smart an' shit. Nevermind that what appears to be metal flake in your 'engineered' paint is actually sperm since the bodylines of a 'busa make it look like a cumshot with wheels. Did Peter North park that thing in your garage?