Have you wrecked?

Casper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that day. Those old tires didn't help' date=' either. A couple lessons learned maybe.[/quote']

Yea, that back tire was cooked - still it was fine all day and I think it would have been fine had I not been trying to keep up. I even think I could've save it because I slid the rear around to the right smooth before the shimmy started..I just remember thinking "awwww mother fucker this is gonna hurt" and then I saw sliding behind the bike.

Got lucky. I haven't been quite the same on a bike since that day. I rocked the 250 last season and I'm looking for my next bike. Not sure if I'm gonna go with a cruiser or a sportbike. You can really get some good CL deals for 3K on sportbikes. The cruisers go for a bit more. Not sure where I'll wind up but I have the damn bug, I'm on vacation this week and my 3K+ tax return is due to be DD this week. :)

i only had one wreck so far.. me and buddy were coming back from newark and i was on 541.. we stopped to take a piss break and we decided to switch bikes (dummest mistake of my life) we got back on them and started back into it.. 5 minutes later i came into a left hand corner a lil to hot.. the corner peaked at the top and went back down.. my front raised up and shot me straight off of the road and down the hill.. i tried to lay the bike down on its side so i could just slide down the hill and not to damage the bike or myself that much.. well it did not work out as planned.. the bike caught and highsided.. i knocked myself out.. i woke up next to the bike with tunnel vison and no idea of what happend.. i the bike and myself ended up in someone's driveway.. the bike hit a 100 pound watering trough on a cast iron bracket.. the bowl part of it ended up on the other side of the driveway.. i called my dad to bring the truck and come get the bike.. took the bike home and called the sheriffs office and they came and did a report for the accident.. they told me to go to the hospitial to get looked at.. i ended up spending a day in a half in ICU with a concussion and bruised shoulder.. it was the worst mistake of my life riding someone else's bike.. ill never do it again.. i LEARNED from my stupidity..

crash3.jpg

bikesmashed.jpg

crash.jpg

Ive only had one accident. Half of it was my fault. It was my first year of riding. I was looking to my left to change lanes, and just as i did the guy in front of me decides to slam his brakes in traffic. He hit the car in front of him, and i grab the brake but couldnt get stopped in time. The last speed i saw on the speedo was 30mph. I went right into the back of a chevy malibu. Luckily for me i hit him on the corner of his car, which catapulted me over the corner of his trunk and i hit helmet and shoulder first right into the unforgiving pavement. I landed in front of his car. No injuries to me thanks to all the gear. As for the bike, i needed a new fender, upper fairing and rear fairing. Not too bad. Definately an eye opening experience.

.... the bike hit a 100 pound watering trough on a cast iron bracket.. the bowl part of it ended up on the other side of the driveway..

Finally......The mystery is solved about what the hell that pole & strapping in the picture is. I've only asked you about 3-4 times ;)

Sooooooo Gruff.......You square that up with your buddy, I hope? :cool:

crash3.jpg

Finally......The mystery is solved about what the hell that pole & strapping in the picture is. I've only asked you about 3-4 times ;)

Sooooooo Gruff.......You square that up with your buddy, I hope? :cool:

crash3.jpg

yeah we are squared away now, i paid the deductable and everything for him ;) i still feel pretty bad.. i told him whenever he feels like riding to come over and ride the gixxer.. i still feel really bad about it tho..:(

yeah we are squared away now, i paid the deductable and everything for him ;) i still feel pretty bad.. i told him whenever he feels like riding to come over and ride the gixxer..

He didn't get another bike then???

i went down about 2 months after getting my bike... by myself... I took a curve too high and the front tire bit into the gravel, tried to lean out of it went down low side, and threw the bike under a guard rail and me down the road a bit... luckily I had a helmet and my leather gloves, chaps, and a jacket on... bone chip in my heel and 4 grand of damage to the bike....

i went down about 2 months after getting my bike... by myself... I took a curve too high and the front tire bit into the gravel, tried to lean out of it went down low side, and threw the bike under a guard rail and me down the road a bit... luckily I had a helmet and my leather gloves, chaps, and a jacket on... bone chip in my heel and 4 grand of damage to the bike....

Oh damn, glad you made it thru nwith minimal physical damgage

yes i have wrecked

i was with mike ride downtown coming up on a light that turned yellow that we could of ran going about 35 looked over and a cop was sitting there grabed the front brake a little tohard and being on a grove that the cota buses had mad helped the front end to wash out

yes i have wrecked

i was with mike ride downtown coming up on a light that turned yellow that we could of ran going about 35 looked over and a cop was sitting there grabed the front brake a little tohard and being on a grove that the cota buses had mad helped the front end to wash out

Did that cop give you a ticket for "failure to control" or just laugh at the fact that you probably dropped it cause of him?

i have yet to spill it yet... but i have been close a couple of times. this is the reason i am taking it to the track form now on. but i kinda plan on wrecking there eventually, i am one of those people who learn from taking it in to hot but i will get over that after 1 or 2 instances i think. i hope for 0 instances but i am pretty sure it will happen eventually.

Had my first real wreck last year, though in 15+ years of riding I have had a parking lot drop here or there.

Was actually hit by another guy on a bike, whom I wasn't riding with. He was a biker noob all the way around, and tried to pass me on the right as I was making a right hand turn into my development. Seriously. Trashed the right side of my RC and me a bit. Literally a handful of broken bones, sprained knee and shoulder but otherwise unscathed. Hell, the RC was healed before I was. Fortunate someone wasn't sitting at the stop sign waiting to turn or I would be explaining this story (and a TON of other shit) to St. Peter.

twice, with four other people each time...the same fucking day..

long story, i posted a thread about it

i wasnt trying to keep up with anyone, me and chris were flying, dragging knee and toes in nky, i hit hit a smal patch of gravel, caught traction and highsided, wrecked again cause i was still spoooked from the first (yes, my bike survived going off a hill at 75/80 mph) lowsided, and skid into a mailbox....and then i rode the sumbitch to hooters, had some wings and went home

second onewouldnt have happened if the first one didnt.

life lesson to be learned: buy a srad becuase they are tanks, and slow down on the street

I remember you, me and my buddy were at Hooters when you guys came in, you told us the story and when we went out side your bike took a good lick but not as bad as we thought it would look,A bitch to ride I am sure, the foot peg was broke off??? But we had a great ride that day, and your double crash has stuck in our minds since, I love the ride to Hooters on the weekends.

Pushing my limits in my 20's caused many downed situations worst was in a parking lot, coming out of a turn racing another bike, he came too far center and he slammed me, my foot peg broke his foot and I went over the bars, slid about 100 feet, the laces and tounges of my shoes were ground off, my shoulder was dislocated, palm of my hand ground off,back of my hand also,my eyeglasses shattered on impact into my face sheild,estimated at time of ejection, speed 65-70, just looked up from speedo reading 65+, remember every roll and tumble in slow motion,was back on a bike within 3 weeks. Haven't been down in years, being 40 I don't think I will bounce back that fast.