A few nutrition/weight loss questions

Aaron

I started my diet today and have done really well. I wrote down all of the nutritional info on the foods I ate today and entered them in a spreadsheet.

A few things I didn't check before I ate them: Pecans ass fuck you with bad stuff, as well as hidden valley ranch dressing. lol. Crossing both of them off of my list and replacing them with fat free Italian dressing and Almonds.

I have a few questions regarding bbq sauce. Has anyone found a low carb bbq sauce? 30g of carbs is attributed to 2 servings of kc masterpiece bbq sauce. I love BBQ sauce and don't want to eliminate it from my diet.

Also, fruit is very high carb (sugar), but is very good for you. What is the general consensus on fruits? I made a smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and 1/2 banana. 41g carbs, but lots of fiber and 175 calories. Its a great snack.

Just 2 questions, thanks for the help in advance.

Basically you can eat all the fruit and veggies you want, no remorse. Eat earlier in the day, excercise as much as possible. Natural fructose is difficult for your body to turn into fat, its the glucose and sucrose you gotta worry about.

If you cannot find a BBQ sauce that you like, start putting it on bison instead of beef. Bison has 1/2 the calories and 1/10 of the fat.

Learn to like Lentils, high protein and high fiber.

city bbq's sauce only has 10g carbs. ive been eating it a lot lately (city bbq, not just the sauce). skinless roast turkey = 310 cal, 1.7g fat, like 68g protein, some bbq sauce, and usually beans (11g protein, 330 cal, 3g fat) and either fruit or potato salad.

for smoothies, something you can try, is take your blender, about 1c crushed ice, maybe 1/2c water, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (get it at meijer or walmart, 13-15$ for a 2lb tub), 1/2 banana, and a spoon of peanut butter. its great.

also, salads can be way worse for you then shit like a whopper or a big mac. heres an article i read the other day that kinda shocked me..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30829785/

i started trying to get back into watching my diet again, and have been doing the 4-5 smaller meals a day, gym 3x/week, etc.

for smoothies, something you can try, is take your blender, about 1c crushed ice, maybe 1/2c water, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (get it at meijer or walmart, 13-15$ for a 2lb tub), 1/2 banana, and a spoon of peanut butter. its great.

i started trying to get back into watching my diet again, and have been doing the 4-5 smaller meals a day, gym 3x/week, etc.

Thats actually how I used to make milkshakes lol. I have choc protein, natural PB and bananas. I will probably make one for breakfast tomorrow morning.

I have been doing pretty good today. I need to teach my body that it is going to be hungry again. I am not used to it yet, but have been doing very well.

Thanks for the help.

you shouldnt be hungry. if youre eating 4-5x a day, its going to boost your metabolism and youll be eating every 3 hours or so. i havent been hungry all week.

I am sure it isn't actual hunger, but its the hunger feeling I used to provide food to. I have to train myself and my body that I will be eating smaller meals more often.

I didn't get to 345lbs by not eating when I "felt" hungry. lol I used to eat regular meals whenever I got the slightest hunger feeling. Can't do that, therefore my body is sending hunger signals.

Here's my bit of advice: chew all of your food until it is paste-like in your mouth. It takes you longer to eat, but you end up eating so slow that you fill up faster then you think you will. That, and it's a sort of "pre-digestion" that your stomach will love you for.

It's great that you're trying, but remember, if you don't get it off now, it'll be 10x more difficult every decade.

It's great that you're trying, but remember, if you don't get it off now, it'll be 10x more difficult every decade.

I'm living two decades of this. Man speaks the truth. Once I hit 30-32yrs I found myself no longer able to eat whatever I wanted without gaining a few pounds.

I didn't get to 345lbs by not eating when I "felt" hungry. lol I used to eat regular meals whenever I got the slightest hunger feeling. Can't do that, therefore my body is sending hunger signals.

Food = Crack. At least to me it does. I only need to drop 20lbs, but short amounts of sleep, little exercise and tons of dining out are standing in my way. In reality, I have very little self control.

Hey, at least I know my issues :o

First, congrats on making a change. And hope you get all you want out of it.

Would you mind posting your goal? Or PM. I may have over looked it, but it's hard to help if I don't know what someone wants. Then I would know, with or without sause.

Basic rule I use is, is it real food? Unless it's a health bar, shake, or something like tofu, stay away from it. Hense, chips and candy. Rice, meat, veggies, and fruit are fine. Think cave man.

There are a few other things I won't mind adding through pm if you are comfortable dicussing things.