my new expensive hobby

jermattak

its a 250, its my first dirtbike in ten years, im stoked! i really wanted a suzuki rmz250, but i found out, since the merger..the kx250f literally IS an rmz250, only differance is the shape of the plastics, everything else is the same, motor internals and all

its a 250, its my first dirtbike in ten years, im stoked! i really wanted a suzuki rmz250, but i found out, since the merger..the kx250f literally IS an rmz250, only differance is the shape of the plastics, everything else is the same, motor internals and all

Not true at all. Only the small bikes were covered in the merger at the time. KX65/RM65, KX/RM100, play bikes and small ATVs. A few scooters over in Europe. That's it.

The KX250 is a great bike but don't let anyone tell you they are the same. The RMZs were really good not until a couple of years ago when they did a design change... So, I think you are better off with the Kaw.

im looking up part numbers right now, so far, all of them match up, motor internals and all

Uh, I am looking and the 2006 and up are different. Cylinders are showing 11008-057 vs 1100-80080. All the parts I am looking up are different...

I didn't look at the 05s, but I can't remember when they shared. I was thinking it was 2006... I can look at the 05s, too...

Now things like pastic and such will transfer over...

When I cross reference pictons even after market with a place like Tucker Rocky, I get different part numbers, as well... BUT, I look at cylinder kits aftermarket and they are the same part numbers... Hmmm....

Intake valves are different...

Cams are shoing the same....

So, my thoughts are that they shared some things, but not all things... What the hell??? They told us at the dealer meetings I attended they were only similar on things that were smaller... I know it isn't what they say as the Kaw's little ATV was made by Kymco, but when the merger deal came around, everyone wanted to know...

I apologize for wrong or misleading info.

Nonetheless, have fun!!!

My 04 rmz250 had a kawasaki heavy industries mfg tag on the head tube. 2006 and up was all independent mfg.

I think you're right. I apologize, guys. I was thinking it was a 2006... My bad. I act like I know everything, but I unfortunately don't. I is dumb about sum things!:D

By the way, get my email? I got some mud flaps for ya too! If you want them...

I don't know anyone yet.... but Sweet score !!!! I am pretty stoked about all the cincy folks on here , hopefully this will give me some more folks to ride and goof off with and the comrodery on this site is awesome, and some of ya'll ridin dirty too !!!!!

Anyone wanna start a thread and get a O R dirty get togeather planned for when the weather breaks and all meet up at haspen or somewhere local ?? I would, but I'm new here and it probably wouldn't go as far or planned out as well or even fall on deAF ears.

The only reason i say Haspin, is because they leave you the fuck alone once you pay your little 15 bones.

woo hoo! just rode this thing in the dirt for the first time, i love this thing! i took a chainsaw and cut a path through the woods to a field with a few hills and mounds of dirt.

yeah man, we'll have to head out there, i will probably be in the back of the pack for a long while, haha.

woo hoo! just rode this thing in the dirt for the first time, i love this thing! i took a chainsaw and cut a path through the woods to a field with a few hills and mounds of dirt.

yeah man, we'll have to head out there, i will probably be in the back of the pack for a long while, haha.

It is a addiction that don't go away.

When you ride off road, noone can tell you to slow down, or chill out or write you a ticket. You can battle with your buds and rub elbo's , ride wheelies. Then you don't tend to be such a hooligan on the street , because you get it out your system a little ?

Oh yea and you ride once or twice a week , you will be in the best shape of your life. If you ride hard and get your ass off the seat it's the best and hardest workout you'll ever get.