My wife got a new project pics and ?'s inside

thorne

http://www.40roll.com/stang/100_0773.JPG

http://www.40roll.com/stang/100_0774.JPG

http://www.40roll.com/stang/100_0775.JPG

http://www.40roll.com/stang/100_0777.JPG

Questions.

1. Is there anyway to find ut what engine work has been done. The previous owner said there was engine work done but he was not sure what all was done. The owner before had done a motor rebuild.

- The motor sounds and pulls strong. I'm not beating out it though until IPS or Gearhead or Dyno brian can give it a good once over

2. The mods I know are (flow master 40's / king cobra clutch / subframe connectors / KnN intake )

Thats all the mods I know for sure. What's next? Headers? H-Pipe? What's the standard build up of one of these.

3. Rust, No I'm not going to truck bed liner it. The wife is reading about how to send and such as i told her once the car is prepped I will pay to get it painted. Any suggestions?

4. Oil sending unit. It appears the gauge is having issues. Which is was reading is common. Should I just go aftermarket?

5. Should i seafoam it ?

6. What oil should it run?

7. Is there a way to move the peddle apart just at ouch further.

The wife is extremly excited though she has to learn how to drive a stick. I will be out in it tonight @ magic mountain till midnight and maybe cruise around else where afterwards

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Run a compression check

2.Go over the car in great detail

3.Buy one of those turbo kits people are always talking about for it

4.Profit, no more mods

I just took it to the mechanic who built my tranny he told me to change the plugs clean the filter toothbrush the throttle body and next weekend were going to start going through and replacing tired pieces.

I'm thinking single turbo but I'm not sure yet. there are Ebay kits for 1700$

I'd go all through that car and make sure the frame isn't rusted through below the shock towers the steel behind the front doors is solid and the rear floor isn't gone then decide if you want to do anything else to it......

I also have a rust free hatch that will fit on there if there isn't much cancer in the rest of the car

There is some rust, Spot in the back and a few other smaller spots. the body pan seemed fine. Its going up in the air next weekend for more stuff.

Step 1 is to get the chassis tightened up. I'm going to do the tie rod ends next weekend. a tune up this. start sanding a few of the body rust spots. I was hearing i could get new fenders for sub 100$ for the front.

The easy way to 'move' the clutch pedal is to pull it out (only 1 bolt), take an angle grinder, put a 30-45* groove in each side of it, bend it in a dogleg in the grooves and have someone weld them shut. (or if you have access to a press you can just bend it in that).

When you say the oil gauge has issues, what do you mean? The gauge/sender in fox bodies was more like a dummy light. It showed either no pressure or middle of the gauge. If it's showing nothing on idle and middle once you rev it up, it's just an old tired motor. Pick up a cheap mechanical gauge at your local auto parts joint of preference and slap it on to see what it's really doing.

Guest Removed
Maybe. It will rebuilt anyways at some point.

I'll have it at dyno brians tommorow .

1. run a compression test

2. run oil pressure test with a real gauge(hot and cold)

3.10-40 should be fine.

not sure if i will make it to dyno brians tomorrow or not.:(

i might be able to swing by for a bit, but i wont be able to stay long and diag your car. you would need to drop it off some time next week

I just took it to the mechanic who built my tranny he told me to change the plugs clean the filter toothbrush the throttle body and next weekend were going to start going through and replacing tired pieces.

I'm thinking single turbo but I'm not sure yet. there are Ebay kits for 1700$

Talk to Chad Roberts about his turbo kits for those cars.