Apple guys: I have joined the dark side...

justinwebb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are liek 5 threads about people asking what the good apps are. search an you wil lfind out

btw applie iphones suck ass

btw btw i just farted an it singed the hair near the butthole :eek:

better than your HTC piece of shit...

I must have this Tom Tom app.

I've had the 3G for over a year now and never jailbroke it. Its a bad ass piece of equipment and if your not careful it will slowly absorb your entire life. I am constantly doing something on it.

My suggestion. Buy a cheap macbook, or something that runs OSX. The iphone sync's nearly everything with the computer and its sick nasty. Photos, music, movies, tv shows, calendar (ical on the mac is awesome), mail... everything.

I'd definitely get a google account (gmail, docs and calendar), its free and offers exchange push support to the iphone for you contacts, calendar and mail. Its really cool, if you make a change to your email, calendar or contacts on your computer, it automatically updates your phone contacts, email and calendar and vise versa. It pretty much completely eliminates the need for a secretary.

Get remote, and download itunes on your PC. remote allows you to control your itunes on your PC from anywhere in your house/apt as long as its on the same wifi network.

PLUS (If you get a macbook):

You can hook your macbook up to your TV with an HDMI cable, download remote server and app, and presto you can control you macbook... on your TV... from your couch... as I am right now. You actually move the mouse pointer around the screen by dragging your finger across the phone, and it has the pop up txt keyboard to type. My macbook/iphone combination has completely replaced all my cds, dvds and has become the hub of my entertainment center.

I've had the 3G for over a year now and never jailbroke it. Its a bad ass piece of equipment and if your not careful it will slowly absorb your entire life. I am constantly doing something on it.

My suggestion. Buy a cheap macbook, or something that runs OSX. The iphone sync's nearly everything with the computer and its sick nasty. Photos, music, movies, tv shows, calendar (ical on the mac is awesome), mail... everything.

I'd definitely get a google account (gmail, docs and calendar), its free and offers exchange push support to the iphone for you contacts, calendar and mail. Its really cool, if you make a change to your email, calendar or contacts on your computer, it automatically updates your phone contacts, email and calendar and vise versa. It pretty much completely eliminates the need for a secretary.

Get remote, and download itunes on your PC. remote allows you to control your itunes on your PC from anywhere in your house/apt as long as its on the same wifi network.

PLUS (If you get a macbook):

You can hook your macbook up to your TV with an HDMI cable, download remote server and app, and presto you can control you macbook... on your TV... from your couch... as I am right now. You actually move the mouse pointer around the screen by dragging your finger across the phone, and it has the pop up txt keyboard to type. My macbook/iphone combination has completely replaced all my cds, dvds and has become the hub of my entertainment center.

Every piece of computer equipment in my house is Apple. :) I don't allow non Apple equipment in my house anymore. Guests have to leave their HPs Sonys, Acers, Toshibas, and Dells in their car. :D

yea man i made the switch two years ago and since i have picked up:

macbook with upgraded guts

itouch (stays in the R)

iphone (daily use, lancer)

time capsule 1TB

and i will most definitely pick up the tablet here in a few weeks as well as upgrading leopard to snow leopard

yea man i made the switch two years ago and since i have picked up:

macbook with upgraded guts

itouch (stays in the R)

iphone (daily use, lancer)

time capsule 1TB

and i will most definitely pick up the tablet here in a few weeks as well as upgrading leopard to snow leopard

Tablet will be here in 1Q 2010, Not at the Sept keynote.

I have Macbook Air RevB 1.86GHZ 128SSD +.external superdrive

Apple Led Cinema Display + Apple USB Keyboard.

50GB Time Capsule

AppleTV 160GB

2 16GB iPhone 3G

Will be buying Snow Leopard on Fri.

I am thinking on jailbreaking my wife's 3G, however going though the instructions it states to restore in iTunes (http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/stepbystep-guide-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g-running-iphone-os-30-using-redsn0w-windows.html) Will she loose all the contact information etc... if I do this?

I am thinking on jailbreaking my wife's 3G, however going though the instructions it states to restore in iTunes (http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/stepbystep-guide-to-jailbreak-iphone-3g-running-iphone-os-30-using-redsn0w-windows.html) Will she loose all the contact information etc... if I do this?

No, she shouldn't lose them but I would back up the contacts into the windows address book and also create a backup in Itunes just to be certain.

I'm pretty pumped for snow leopard myself. Leopard is starting to seem a bit laggy as my macbook approaches 2 years old :(. I saw the polycarbonate macbooks are going to get a revision as well, its going to be a hard decision on whether to sell this one and update to the tablet or a newer macbook.

I had the great idea to pick up some apple stock early last spring at around $90, I shorted it at my target of $165 a few weeks ago. Just a little extra padding for the retirement, or for some stupid purchase during my midlife crisis.