This chick would have been fun

wnaplay1647545503

2% is a low return an investment that large. And to only spend 300k for most thats unrealstic. The 54k a year isnt that much, some could live on that...i couldnt. if you could spend 600k of your winnings and invest the other 2.4 million and get a yeild of 6% and had a job you would never lose your money. Its most of the people that spend a shit load of the money then dont work and keep spending and spending and spending.

yeah i was using the bare minimum if you weren't even trying, and 54k + your job for 20 years to me would be plenty when you retire 40-45 years old.

Guest Removed
$3 million isn't really a lot of money, it's enough to where you would have to invest very wisely to last you the rest of your life comfortably. In the hands of a 16-year old I can easily see how it could be blown in a short period - 6 years is actually pretty impressive.

word..

now take 10 million or more, and you can live off the interest alone.

think about it. 10 grand or so a month. you could live rather comfortable with that.

I'd pay off any debt I had, pay off my parents house, get myself a nice house, couple toys, nice car, Hire my own personal financial advisor to make sure I live with in my budget and that I invest in the right things and watch my money grow.

Instead of getting it all at once, get it over a 30 year period. Solved.

Most people take it all up front to get inflation and taxes out of the way. Both of those are gonna go up and make your money worth less over 30 years.

I'd invest every penny.

And why the fuck would anyone continue to work (okay, maybe on 3 million, but on 10+ million??!!!). Work would be lucky if I called and said I quit.

I'd likely start by paying off all debt, but would then replenish that money spent from the initial winnings back into my investment pool. Keep living off that interest, and depending on what I was earning monthly, perhaps take some of that interest income and invest it in higher-risk investments...lose, no biggie. Win, you become ever richer. :)

Some of the answers in this thread rival what that woman did.

The S&P average is 11% per year. You can make that in mutual funds, invested modestly. If you can't live on 11%of $3M per year, you either have problems or.

Taking the annual payments is silly. I'm not going to explain it.

I wouldn't quit my job for $3M. In my opinion the money I made from work could be used to make a substantial difference on startup money for a business while I have a guaranteed income from the interest paid off of the $3M.