Got flagged for illegal downloads by Insight

ShankroidBeast

The crimes are not victimless. Sales are going down as a result of free downloading. As a result the prices are being raised to make up for it which is impacting those that are doing it legally. You are just one person... think of the billions of dollars not circulating through our economy as a result of the internet.

Its honestly way too late to stop it... they are just trying to contain by scaring people.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the answer!!!!!!!! I can explain this in terms everyone can understand

Downloading off p2p with any form of upload enabled is like street racing in front of the police station.

Right. But remember, downloading without uploading, you may be racing an undercover, who may bust you just for downloading.

p2p is just BAD in general.

lol... I downloaded/uploaded over a terabyte of information one month on my Insight RR connection just for fun. I download/upload massive amounts of information (I have over 4.5 terabytes of hard drive space filled with music, DVD rips but mostly encoded HD movies at ~10GB a pop) on my connection every month. I don't seed (upload) too much because Insight's upload speeds vs. their download speeds are atrocious (RR Turbo gives you over 20mbps down and not even 1mbps up) but my friend leaves his uTorrent open, seeding 24/7 unless we're playing a game on Xbox Live. Neither of us have ever been caught, warned, limited, anything. Maybe we're playing with fire but we've been doing this for years at a ridiculous clip and nothing.

Only time I've ever seen RR access locked was when my parents' computer had what must have been a nasty virus on it because RR didn't want the machine on their network until it was fixed.

• Upvote 1

lol... I downloaded/uploaded over a terabyte of information one month on my Insight RR connection just for fun. I download/upload massive amounts of information (I have over 4.5 terabytes of hard drive space filled with music, DVD rips but mostly encoded HD movies at ~10GB a pop) on my connection every month. I don't seed (upload) too much because Insight's upload speeds vs. their download speeds are atrocious (RR Turbo gives you over 20mbps down and not even 1mbps up) but my friend leaves his uTorrent open, seeding 24/7 unless we're playing a game on Xbox Live. Neither of us have ever been caught, warned, limited, anything. Maybe we're playing with fire but we've been doing this for years at a ridiculous clip and nothing.

Only time I've ever seen RR access locked was when my parents' computer had what must have been a nasty virus on it because RR didn't want the machine on their network until it was fixed.

bad boy, bad boy what cha gonna do when the come for you?

http://www.primaryclassroomresources.co.uk/acatalog/timebomb.gif

I download stupid amounts of music everyday, no movies though. I try to stay away from the newer artists that I know the RIAA will be looking for, but I'm still cutting it pretty close. The torrent site I'm on requires users to keep a certain share ratio so I have to upload as well.

This issue really does hurt the artists. To those who think it doesn't hurt people, just tell that to Metallica. Last year when they were looking to buy a new plane they wanted a Boeing 767 but because of your selfishness they had to settle for a Boeing 747. Now when they are embarrased on the runway you know it is because of you.

This issue really does hurt the artists. To those who think it doesn't hurt people, just tell that to Metallica. Last year when they were looking to buy a new plane they wanted a Boeing 767 but because of your selfishness they had to settle for a Boeing 747. Now when they are embarrased on the runway you know it is because of you.

Check and mate.

Oh, and that huge settelment that the RIAA just won... they publicly admitted that not a single dime was going back to the studios. Every single penny of it was going back into money for litigation (basically to pay the RIAA's bills).

• 1 month later...
figured i would bump this, i hop online when i get home and up pops a page from wow stating they have observed illegal activity and to call them lol, i am going to act stupid and say i have an open wifi connection and i didnt know how to set it up. Time to find a new provider lol

figured i would bump this, i hop online when i get home and up pops a page from wow stating they have observed illegal activity and to call them lol, i am going to act stupid and say i have an open wifi connection and i didnt know how to set it up. Time to find a new provider lol

Tell them you discovered you were infected with a virus that took over your computer.

i told them that i just bought a router and i didnt know anything about setting up a secured wireless network, i asked what they caught me on and it was a movie downloaded from isohunt, so i will continue using my private trackers and i installed peer guardian i just wont use any public trackers. they must have got my ip and sent it to wow just from the public tracker