"Four-figure car" guy

zeitgeist57

By far the funnest car I've ever owned was a '84 VW rabbit diesel i bought off silvercobramike for 250$. I beat the shit outta that car and loved every minute of it. After i didnt drive it for a few months and it wouldnt start i sold it to a VW enthusiast from this board for $250 (he of course got it started the first time, oh well), man i miss that car.

Second most enjoyable '4 figure car' was my 98 eclipse gst. Kind of a pain in the ass to drive at times and it was far from fast but i really did love that car.

Turbo MR2

Porsche 951 (I think these still fall into the range)

3rd Gen Supra Turbo

Fox

All of the cars I look at/have owned are under 5K, being a mechanic helps buy 10K plus cars in that range. Bought a '99 Forester for $200 that is clean as shit, neads head gaskets now, but hey thats easy for me.

For a fun car or backup car, sure, can't beat a cheaper car. For a daily driver, I want something that won't be a piece of shit that keeps breaking down on me, like the WRX I had. I had no problem taking out a loan on an $18k Jeep with only 28,000 miles on it, because I don't have to worry about it sitting in a parking lot broken. I've put 13,000 miles on it in a little over 4 months, so its hard to trust a cheaper, older car when I drive that much. Although I do love the 91 Ram in my garage that I got for free, although it rarely gets driven.

i've put together this list many a time, lol.

4.0l ford ranger to baja out(camburg FTW!)

4.0l cherokee to stick a long arm and some 35s under. turbo stroker would be cool too!

B5 S4, one of my all time favorite cars. i'm still amazed that these things are as cheap as they are!!!

E36 M3

94-96 impala SS, just plain damn cool cars!

a 3rd gen STI swap subaru legacy would make a great(lower end) sleeper

always love the starion/conquest

it's a shame that late 90's diesel pickups(with reasonable mileage of course) aren't dropping that fast, though i haven't checked the prices in a little while.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/porsche-928-114-5-70.jpg

you and me both man, but it's getting harder and harder to find them. you certainly won't be getting an '85 and later 5.0l for under $10k(well, in good condition anyways), and these cars have just started appreciating over the last few years.

If I was in japan still id def get a r33 GTR they are so cheap to come by. You can always find military guys that had huge dreams wanting a skyline and having to get rid of it within a month. Ive seen them go for 1200 once they JIC is expired they drop in price. In the states ive always liked 1g dsm's or s13 nissan 240's great platform for builds.