I <3 V8's and track questions

thorne

I broke my hand and the subbies shifter is stiffer then the stangs. So I've been driving the stang.

Impressions

1. TQ fucking TQ!!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#

2. Noise. Man I love the subbie sounds but that 302 is sexy

3. I get more revs from muscle cars instead or ricers.

4. Everyone who don't know much about cars thinks its "FAST"

This is way slower then my car in all respects except for that brief moment off the line before the subbie hits 3k. I've driven 2.5 subbies and always thought that tq was nice. This shits just awesome.. There is no replacement for displacement.

That comes to the next question.

I would like to make a pass in it at trails. But it does not have a battery tie down. Also is there anythings i should think about doing?

In before 15s for the win. Yeah I want a base line number though. This thing can run 10's for less then a 1/4 of what i've already put into my subbie.

So here are the for sure mods

King Cobra Clutch

Adjustable clutch

pro 5.0 shifter

KN intake

H Pipes catless

Flowmasters

I need new plug wires if I'm taking the stang. ... It would be really cool to have a base number. I'm just not 100% sure the car is running in the shape to make a pass. I took it out last night and launched it and ran out second with out a issue.

Even slower now. I blew 5th gear out on the way to robs.

Looks like per robs advice

Tranny "Given"

Fix small issues

Get wife used to the power it has.. and keep building

Restore process can got 1 of 2 ways. Clean roller or repair.

if you can't get it to 14.5 shoot yourself in the head. BTW i have a set of 15" BFG DR's that have bee sitting around for a while if you want to finish them off. I need my rims back though.

I left 5th gear on 270 today ;(. so i will be in the subbie thanx for the offer

I left 5th gear on 270 today ;(. so i will be in the subbie thanx for the offer

it can't be that bad in 4th on the hwy w/ stock gears....and you'll never used 4th or 5th at the strip, at least with stock gears, now like 4:56's and a tire maybe 4th...

nah with 2.73/3.08 gears in a mustang that only makes power to 5K you are decideing do i shift or not at the line. anythign 3.55-4.30 you are into 4th gear before the stripe.

4.10 would be the best gear for you BTW :)

4.10 would be the best gear for you BTW :)

+1, more acceleration than 3:73's w/out much if any change in mpg/noticeable revs on hwy.

I had 3:73s in a fox and 4:10's in a 00 gt, both were slow but 4:10s were better.