what motor is better?

Reed44

I had a guy tell me the reason why the transmissions go out is because no one adjusts them every 30k miles? anyone ever heard of that?

I had a guy tell me not to buy a dodge :)

Seriously, though, the 5.9 is the better choice. You have to tear the whole front end of the truck off the 4.7 if something goes wrong in the front of the motor.

I had a guy tell me the reason why the transmissions go out is because no one adjusts them every 30k miles? anyone ever heard of that?

more like not flushing them every 30k, is more like it.

I used to work at Carriage Town as a tech back in the late 90's and I owned a chrysler. My personal opinion is I think they make some of the best looking cars and trucks on the rd but they are all junk. I will never own another one. I have to say that is the only vehicle I have ever had that had that many problems.

• 3 months later...
I know you are more then likely not goin to plow with it but alot of guys that I know that plow say to never buy a dodge for heavy duty work. They all say the same thing and that is that the front ends cannot withstand the load. I dunno why but I have heard alot of dodges having weak front ends.

Guest Removed
I know you are more then likely not goin to plow with it but alot of guys that I know that plow say to never buy a dodge for heavy duty work. They all say the same thing and that is that the front ends cannot withstand the load. I dunno why but I have heard alot of dodges having weak front ends.

i have done tons of ball joints in dodge trucks over the years

I believe it was mainly a problem with the 2nd gen trucks, the earlier ones more specifically.

1st 2nd and 3rd gens.

I know a guy that pulls a backhoe daily and has to rebuild his 3rd gen front end every 45k-50k miles

truck is a 3/4 ton c/c long bed common rail diesel

Guest Removed
Thats what I hear is the common problem. I dunno about the newer trucks though.

do them all the time.

I believe it was mainly a problem with the 2nd gen trucks, the earlier ones more specifically.

no

1st 2nd and 3rd gens.

I know a guy that pulls a backhoe daily and has to rebuild his 3rd gen front end every 45k-50k miles

truck is a 3/4 ton c/c long bed common rail diesel

truth