Yugo Road Trip!!!

zeitgeist57

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOUR-1988-Yugo-s-RED-Zastava-Motors-Fiat_W0QQitemZ160362701723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item25565ca39b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I need 4 people to go in with me on this deal. I get the one in "perfect" running order, the other 3 can be divvied up as others see fit. Then, we need to caravan up to Western Canada to pick up the cars. All fuel expenses split 4 ways, and my truck can trailer my new Yugo back. When we get to this guy's place, we pick up the cars as well as anything the seller gives us for free. I'm going to negotiate for the wheels in the foreground...and the lift. :)

Document/blog about the entire event.

Who's in with me?

What are you going to do with a perfectly running yugo you can't title/register?

AutoX.

Or...could be a nice planter for the front yard.

Heck, I'll drive it with old Florida license plates and make up bullshit registration stickers every year. Then, if a cop finally pulls me over, I'll hand him the keys, throw my arms in the air and exclaim "You win! The car is yours now, officer!"

They will probably turn it into a D.A.R.E. car.

I thought I'd bump this up for anyone interested. I happened to come across this, and it's much more...local.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1383336941.html

im pretty sure i know the girl who used to drive that car back in highscool....it sits off Central before Grady hospital

Might be a GVX, the hottest of all Yugos... One-point-THREE, bitches! That's Hayabusa territory! Oh yeah, it's a car, and still slow... Still have a soft spot for the Yugo, it came out when I was 11, and I was rooting for the underdog... Too bad they sucked.