Baja Joe's on E main St.

TurboRust

do not go to this place. I just got done typing an email to their head people and I think copying and pasting would summarize my visit the best.

Wow. I just finished not eating at your baja joe's location on main st in columbus, oh. We were long time fans of don pablo's and its a slap in the communities face putting that excuse of a restaurant there. We read the menu online and proceeded to Baja Joe's to check out what seemed like a short, but interesting menu. Upon arriving we were amazed to see the pitiful 9 item menu. So we started with some chips and queso (I've had better at a football game). Then my wife decided on a cheeseburger (because that's Joe's specialty) and I opted for the barbacoa tacos, we decided to split some fries(thank God). The food arrives and her hamburger looked like a deflated balloon, the tacos "looked" delicious, and fries were.. fries. Long story short I took 2 bites of the tacos, she ate the hamburger because she's pregnant and needed something, and we split the fries because that's the only thing that should remain on your menu after this email. I stopped for fast food on the way home because the food was that bad. The problem is not just the food but the waste of money that was spent on this location on a side of town where businesses close every month. I give your location 2 months max unless you guys are in the business to lose money. At this point I'm asking for the $21.00 back that I wasted at your location. I was there on 9-28-09 at 7:59 pm check number 1290 if you would live to verify my purchase.

Sincerely,

Derek Johnson

i read emails like this all the time at donatos. most of them are for stupid things like.. "the online menu is too hard to read" "we didnt get enough pepperoni" "blah blah blah". rarely do we get emails complaining about the quality of our food. when we do though we generally mail out a gift certificate (to donatos) for the cost of the food. im hoping they dont do the same, because its clear that you dont want to eat there again. odds are they wont even respond.

i read emails like this all the time at donatos. most of them are for stupid things like.. "the online menu is too hard to read" "we didnt get enough pepperoni" "blah blah blah". rarely do we get emails complaining about the quality of our food. when we do though we generally mail out a gift certificate (to donatos) for the cost of the food. im hoping they dont do the same, because its clear that you dont want to eat there again. odds are they wont even respond.

A similar thing happened to me at Chipotle one time. For some reason that night the food was just terrible. I sent a complaint along with all of the receipt information to them and received two gift cards in the mail a couple of days later. I also had a similar experience at Steak n Shake and they mailed me the entire cost of my order, plus the tip, back in the mail. If the company cares, they will take care of their customer.

Nevertheless, don't go to Baja Joe's...what a disappointment.

im surprised you went there after sam texted andy a picture of the menu and complained about it the other nite...

its ok, we went to kfc the other day and i barely got any chicken on the bones and the slaw was nasty, threw that shit away, good thing i didn't pay for it, lol, no need to ask for a refund

its route 23 and i was just there last week. the young lady that was serving us sucked. had to remind her several times to bring me my pie

I meant 23 :o

Ours forgot our silverware twice, disappeared the entire meal to go BS with the other server, forgot the fries, then dropped the check off without a word.

She got zero tip. I complained to the manager, his response was "At least you got the fries for free". Yeah, after the rest of the meal was done.

lol. i was in line at chipotle and this woman was going thru, and asking for some more corn salsa, etc, etc, but the girl wasnt giving her A LOT. probably what i would consider to be a regular serving of "a little more". well she gets to the end of the line and the manager or whoever ringing her up goes "how are you today, etc". the woman was like "they didnt make it like they usually do"...when the manager offered to put whatever else she wanted, she said "no, its fine", trying to get out of there...manager insisted she make it how she wanted, went back, put whatever it was she wanted more of.

then she goes back to ring her out and the woman goes "im sorry, im having the WORST day ever and i was REALLY looking forward to coming here today". HA!

im sitting there thinking "you had a horrible day and the only thing that could have cheered you up is a burrito bol? loser"

but i went up and told her "no chips and salsa, and my burrito bol is 'perfect'" and she just kinda laughed.

I meant 23 :o

Ours forgot our silverware twice, disappeared the entire meal to go BS with the other server, forgot the fries, then dropped the check off without a word.

She got zero tip. I complained to the manager, his response was "At least you got the fries for free". Yeah, after the rest of the meal was done.

A friend of mine took her two daughters to that location over the weekend and pretty much said the same thing.

Her FB comment on the topic:

So. I take the girls to Big Boy for lunch. Took 10 min to get a waitress, 20 min to get drinks, and our food arrived cold. Why? Because Shannon the Apathetic Waitress opted to roll silverware, chat with another table, pick up her tips, drop off checks, smoke outside the window where we were sitting... But she took the time to say "I'll be back with your stuff in a second" several times. Guess who didn't get a tip?
Edited by TimTaylor75