? about my boost track vs dyno

Mattsv8

just the opposite of what you was talking about before now.:rolleyes:

remember bitching at me cause it would hit 22, but settle off at 18 or so.:gtfo:

im not talking about spiking retard im talking about holding . it spikes 22 every gear but falls to x amount an the higher the gear the higher the boost is holding :gtfo: untill u know what your talkign about with my pos neon :bangbang:

its plumbed off the manifold and the retard and boost gauge are teed in the truck phnumatic push style hose.

ill drill the adaptor and tap it for two new outs. one straight to boost gauge and one to retard. leaving one to bov

im calling tial today. any amout of load. or no load the wg should open at 9lbs because the spring. it should vent anything more and keep the turbo spooling the same. i could see a overboost if its too small a wg.

Guest Removed
im not talking about spiking retard im talking about holding . it spikes 22 every gear but falls to x amount an the higher the gear the higher the boost is holding :gtfo: untill u know what your talkign about with my pos neon :bangbang:

its a fucking peon, who gives 2 shits besides you?:bangbang:

Guest GMoney
just the opposite of what you was talking about before now.:rolleyes:

remember bitching at me cause it would hit 22, but settle off at 18 or so.:gtfo:

Spike to 22 and tapering to 18 is a problem of the turbo being to small and just cant keep up with that amount of air that the motor is trying to move.

Guest GMoney
its plumbed off the manifold and the retard and boost gauge are teed in the truck phnumatic push style hose.

ill drill the adaptor and tap it for two new outs. one straight to boost gauge and one to retard. leaving one to bov

im calling tial today. any amout of load. or no load the wg should open at 9lbs because the spring. it should vent anything more and keep the turbo spooling the same. i could see a overboost if its too small a wg.

Matt yes you are correct in saying that at 9 lbs no matter the load the gate should open but are you really supplying the gate with 9 lbs? The placement of the boost source affects this. If you put the boost source for the WG in a different place either before or after the carb it affects the actual pressure that the WG "sees". A 60mm gate may not be enough for your setup but i highly doubt it. The placement of the WG also affects the function.

the gate is right betweent the two charge pipes for the turbo. and its soruce is the carb bonnett above the carb. if im seeing 15 lbs then the gate is proable seeing more closer to 18. im shure the presure above the carb is higher than at the boost gauge port below it.

put your waistgate source on the compressor housing. bring it by ill drill and tap it for yea. your not going to see any amount of pressure loss through the small amount of piping u have. how many boost gauges have u tried? ive seen auto meter be off by as much 3-4 psi either way. other thing we can try is a co2 setup setup at a perfect 9lbs or 15 or whatever ur looking to run. come by the shop and well talk about it maybe bring the truck.

i was thinking it would see less never more than the 9lb spring. not on that large a gate. tank we can deff do that. its in the bonnett id doubt its see a presure drop within the 1'pipe to the bonnett. it is teed off of the boost refrence for the regulator. my boost gauge was the exact same port as brians and shows the exact same 15lbs on the dyno and 9 on the street.?? tial couldent explain it at all. they said with a 9lb spring on my low hp setup it should be wide open and not see 15 ever unless its not seeing full presure. ill drill the turbo and tap it tomorow when im putting the 4.56 back in. its always spooled very fast on the street too. evan on a 30mph roll in third. but only 9lbs. maybe the gate is sticking and not opening fully

there are a few things to consider. how big is the w/g line? can we tap the spacer for each device to have its own dedicated line? have we tested the waistgate with compressed air and a gauge? hows the condition of the turbo bearings? lastly where is the point of full spool on the dyno compared the point of ful spool on the street; i know its kinda hard to tell but you should be able to compare. you could even try out our dyno and compare. just some thoughts.. let me know

it spools instantly. if i get in it in 3rd and roll its full boost by 4000 same as dyno. im plannin on trying ur dyno. but brian gave me a deal. i was sleaping friday when i planned to come there damn third shift.

i can take the gate off and bring it to test it. im moving some lines arround today. will be putting the 4.56s back in to get it in the 1.25 range 60ft. hell with the new tight converter it might go quicker yet. the whole thing is at the track and street i read 9lbs dyno 15. then right back to 9lbs on the street.

brians sensor and my truck both show 15. at the track on 9lbs spring it shows 9 and with the 15 lb spring it shows 15. always. the only tee that could melt is inside the dash the outside tee is a anfitting tee Edited by Mattsv8