2 post car lifts?

BIGGU

Were getting ready to move into a new place and it has a big ass poll barn in the yard and we decided that were going to put a 2 post lift into it. we've found a few places that will sell a used one for $1600 which is ok I suppose. but id really rather get a new one. I saw you can get a Rotary lift for $1500-$2000 but then there is freight and installation etc. I was wondering if there is some place in Ohio that sells them to cut down on freight etc?

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Central.Sales.Company.614-276-2675

Central installed our lifts and has been maintaining them, I don't see the bills so I can't comment on their pricing but what little service we've needed has been well executed.

I believe they do new and used lift sales also.

We have a pair of ALM lifts built in the early 1980's and a 1990's Rotary lift.

rotary 2 post 9000lbs http://nationalautotools.com/two-post-automotive-lifts-c-2.html

1600 shipped to your door. all you have to do it put it up, and wire it, and drop in the fluid.

installation on a 2 post, is not hard. just make sure you have 220 out there.

NICE! are these actually rotarys or another brand? are they what your using?

Make sure your floor is thick enough to support it! Many don't make sure the floor is thick enough and i've seen this end in disaster.

+100000

Most floors aren't thick enough especially in a pole barn that wasn't planned for a lift.

Guest Removed
NICE! are these actually rotarys or another brand? are they what your using?

i think dyno brian has one..its looks like a rotary knock off per say. i havent heard of any of the guys complaining about them.

and like already stated, make sure the concrete is thick enough to withstand it... i have seen guys put large plates of 1/4 thick steel under the stands, to help out on thinner floors.

We use Mohawk lifts with great success, also I don't particularly care for the design of that bar running b/w the tops of the post because of SUV's not being able to go up all of the way on some of them. The Mohawk lines you can run through the floor, or run them up to the ceiling and across like the ones we have. Some of those bars may be high enough, but some of the ones I have seen have not.

Just something to consider

+100000

Most floors aren't thick enough especially in a pole barn that wasn't planned for a lift.

Most are usually only 2-3" thick, if that. I believe you need 6" or 8" for most lifts, but I forget the total slab size. Check with the lift manufacturer. I've seen WAY too many people pop in a lift on a weak floor and nearly kill themselves after lifting a car.

thanks guys, The concrete shouldn't be a issue as the pole barn was built to store this guys big ass RV so they had the floors reinforced. ill definitely make sure its think enough, i think i remember reading 4 inch but im not quite sure.

Dont be so sure, even a 3-4" floor is usually put down for a heavy ass rv. See what manufacturer suggests and full depth drill test holes.

I suggest multiple test holes. I've seen people take a sample near where they wanted to mount one then a few inches over the floor was nearly 1/2 as thick due to the uneven bed they poured on. NEVER assume it's thick enough, remember that a car will be above your head while on the lift. THINK SAFE!

• 2 weeks later...

Had the floors checked few days ago, the floor on the left side of the pole barn is 4" and the floor on the right side (where the lift will be going) is 6" with re barb through it.

rob, are those the lifts you use? do you suppose 4-5 adults could lift the lift (in pieces of course) off the deliver truck?