Columbus Blue Jackets 2009-2010 Season

TheHaze

Awesome game tonight. Garon was steady and solid, Nash didn't look so sluggish and the young guys were skating hard and smooth. Klesla lacked a little but wasn't too off.

3-1!! (...and the Jackets are theoretically 1st in Central Division) :D

So pissed the asshole customer's at the club would rather watch the michigan game, seriously?! all i saw was some post game interviews but glad we got through our first road trip 2-1 and 3-1 overall on the year. (mind you the shark tank is one of the hardest places to play in the league and last year had the best at home winning percentage of all teams so i think its understandable) but we did beat a deep Edmonton team and a pheonix team that is... um... on the rise?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooo the leafs are winless still :( but atleast edmonton won last night...

Well I'd like to guess that your hopes for the Leafs weren't too high this year. I wouldn't think too many people's are.

Last night was a good win, now we have to take on the best team statiscally on Tuesday at Nationwide. I'm going to look for tickets to maybe go.

Well I'd like to guess that your hopes for the Leafs weren't too high this year. I wouldn't think too many people's are.

Last night was a good win, now we have to take on the best team statiscally on Tuesday at Nationwide. I'm going to look for tickets to maybe go.

Ive always said it and I will always say it i fucking hate jarome iginla. I dont think he's an overall dirty player but ive seen a few dirty plays from him. jackass. Anyone remember the calgary game last year late in the season, crazy fan called Nationwide saying he was going to throw a grenade on the ice at Steve Mason if he didnt start letting some stuff in, HA.

Ive always said it and I will always say it i fucking hate jarome iginla. I dont think he's an overall dirty player but ive seen a few dirty plays from him. jackass. Anyone remember the calgary game last year late in the season, crazy fan called Nationwide saying he was going to throw a grenade on the ice at Steve Mason if he didnt start letting some stuff in, HA.

Holy bogolies, I said the EXACT same thing today to a friend. He said he wouldn't mind a player like Iginla and I gave him the jerk off motion, saying how much I hated that dick. I really dislike Calgary but Iginla tops it off. I expect a tough game on Tuesday.

lulz, I hope Iginla is crying right now. I saw Dorsett eyeing him and was hoping he'd bite, but no-go. I'm almost in shock at the Jackets power play(in the sense that they can actually keep it in the zone. They still need to work on putting it in the net) AND their PK. It's dramatically better then last season, but obviously still not perfect. I'm thrilled.

4-1!

Edited by TheHaze

Went to the game tonight, was a good one. Glad they hung on. Refs blew a major call on a goal though. Fast whistle, puck was still loose and the Jackets swatted it in the net. No goal. I'm glad that didn't matter... :)

Went to the game tonight, was a good one. Glad they hung on. Refs blew a major call on a goal though. Fast whistle, puck was still loose and the Jackets swatted it in the net. No goal. I'm glad that didn't matter... :)

I only got to see the highlights on NHL channel but how in the hell does do the officials justify a quick whistle when they "think" kipprusof has the puck (I will concede the ref's view was probably blocked but all the more reason to hold off the whistle until he's sure) but at the end of the game they sit there and let that asshat Iginla do a hack job on Mason's leg for a 3-4 seconds?! If your going to do something, good or bad at least do it consistantly.

Either way Im absolutly thrilled at the win, im not sure on the point's standings b/c i think Calgary has a game on us but I think that puts us on top of the western conference.

im not sure on the point's standings b/c i think Calgary has a game on us but I think that puts us on top of the western conference.

That win puts us in a tie with LA Kings(5 games) for second with 8 points. Colorado(6 games) and Calgary(7 games) both have 9 points. So a win this weekend would put us on top completely.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

Power rankings mean squat, but ESPN has notoriously hated on the Jackets. Looks like even THEY can't deny how much improvement the CBJ have shown. I still don't think they're even playing their best yet and they're still getting work done!

Brassard has been too quiet, Commodore isn't even playing and Nash is just now starting to make his presence known. :D

This following away-streak is gonna be a true test, though. :eek:

Also, might I add, the teams' roles in the standings are very off; the teams that should be dominating are sucking while the teams that should be mediocre or even bad are dominating.

Edited by TheHaze

6-4-0 = 12pts = tied for 8th in the West. :(

I hate to say it, but it's what a lot of people feared: I don't know if Mason is in a slump that is that bad or if he is just that bad. I wouldn't just throw him in the gutter just yet obviously, but his goaltending has been atrocious. Garon hasn't been exactly decent either. In their 4 losses so far, they've given up 24 goals! That's just in the losses!!

The defense hasn't been of much help either, especially since Hejda is out. Speaking of Hejda and injuries, the Jackets are wayyyy too active when it comes to injuries:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/injuries?teamAbbrev=cls

Whenever one important player gets healthy, two more are added to the IR. I wonder if Modin ever will or even wants to play another game. :confused:

6-4 isn't all that bad, but the play was so much better in the first 6 or 7 games. We'll see if they can make a rebound in the home stretch starting tomorrow.

Whoa whoa, calm down. We were without our top 2 defensemen at full strength and have played 7 of 10 on the road. Look around the league, a lot of teams have let in a lot of goals. We have let in 34 goals, 20 of the 30 teams have let in 30 or more goals so far.

We are CBJ fans, not Browns fans. We don't need to throw in the towel yet.

Whoa whoa, calm down. We were without our top 2 defensemen at full strength and have played 7 of 10 on the road. Look around the league, a lot of teams have let in a lot of goals. We have let in 34 goals, 20 of the 30 teams have let in 30 or more goals so far.

Firstly, the Jackets are ALWAYS without a top player. It's becoming a problem. Second, as to the goals against; when Columbus only had 4 games all of last season where they had 6 goals against in each and they've already matched that in 7 games in to this season, I think that's cause for concern.

We are CBJ fans, not Browns fans. We don't need to throw in the towel yet.

I've critiqued every game I felt they played poorly since the very first season. Nowhere in my post did I "throw in the towel". I'm not a Michigan fan.

All Im gonna say is, your right. The team isnt playing "hitch-hockey" but... there's 82 games in a season.

I agree 100% and Hitch is after them big time for not playing his style of hockey. When they do, they win. And there is a lot of season left over. No reason whats so ever to doubt the teams ablity to have a great season.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to both games last week and sat in section 112, row K I think, best seats i've ever bought. Awesome to see Nash's SO goal last friday night.

Anyone heard about this Filatov situation? God I really hope we can hang on to this kid but Hitch has zero confidence in him and hasnt given more than a handful of shifts all season. For someone who was highly regarded as being one of the up and coming premiere NHL scorer's I hope they work their shit out.

EDIT: here's the dispatch article. http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/11/16/filatov.html?sid=101