my new ride

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
I have always like the exteriors of the 9-3's. Nice pickup on a 6 speed Aero!!

Should be a good car. Does it have Xenons?

yea, 6spd are hard to find...jumped on it when i saw it

it doesnt have xenons unfortuantely...and one of the front fogs is blown out

HIDs are probably in this cars future...but i wanna save up and do it right, the korean kit i had on my truck SUCKED...and the mustang needs parts first

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and jones...do you know what the things on the front bumper are? they point at the headlights, but i dont know what they do....also, are you familiar with these? theres a shit load of buttons that idk what they do, if i take a pic of the dash *with a real camera* would you help me figure out what all the shit is?

I *think* you are reffering to the headlight washers. Not sure exactely how they are activated on the Saab, but for me It was to have the headlights on, and wash the windows. Should be the same for you IIRC. Let me know what buttons you are referring to..

Guest tbutera2112

oh yea jones...i found an owners manual...theres a lot to digest lol

jones, what oil would you reccomend? manual says saab or mobil, 0w-30....does mobil make a 0w-30 full synthetic? or should i just buy my oil from ricart or something and get saab oil?

and it says to run 90 AON fuel....does that mean 90 octane?

Guest tbutera2112
I *think* you are reffering to the headlight washers. Not sure exactely how they are activated on the Saab, but for me It was to have the headlights on, and wash the windows. Should be the same for you IIRC. Let me know what buttons you are referring to..

ok ill let you know...im finding most in the owners manual, but theres one button thats just a line...let me see if i can find it

Yeah, should come on when you do the regular windows when your lights are on. It might be programmed to do it every X times the windows are done (with lights on) too.

Play around with it and read the manual. Those cars are button heavy haha

oh yea jones...i found an owners manual...theres a lot to digest lol

jones, what oil would you reccomend? manual says saab or mobil, 0w-30....does mobil make a 0w-30 full synthetic? or should i just buy my oil from ricart or something and get saab oil?

and it says to run 90 AON fuel....does that mean 90 octane?

I would use the Castrol European formula 0-30. They sell it at advance auto I think. Its the european formula so it is actually a FULL synthetic. The US laws recently changed on all other synthetic oils (even full synthetics) like M1, castrol etc. They don't have the same amount of "wear" reduction agents as the euro formula castrol does. Thats what I would use.

If you don't want to fuck with that, any name brand synthetic is fine. My dad and I used M1 for many miles on our Audi's and had no problems. I will be using Valvoline because thats what my dealer uses for the "FREE maint" on the 09 VW's. Then switch to something else probably motul or something after the free maint is over (36k miles)

Guest tbutera2112

cant find a pic...ill take one tomorrow and show you

also, is there a way to clear the problem codes on start up? when i start the car it says "Right Rear Brake Light Failure" and i have to hit the clear button to make it go away...the brake lights work fine so im not sure why that comes on lol...any way to clear it permanently instead of clearing it every time i turn on the car?

Guest tbutera2112
I would use the Castrol European formula 0-30. They sell it at advance auto I think. Its the european formula so it is actually a FULL synthetic. The US laws recently changed on all other synthetic oils (even full synthetics) like M1, castrol etc. They don't have the same amount of "wear" reduction agents as the euro formula castrol does. Thats what I would use.

thanks...ill still wait and see what people think about mobil....ive heard that castrol sucks...but ive never tried it...does mobil make an oil similar to what youre talking about?

Like he^ said, use a high quality oil. Definately use a synthetic 0-30 for turbo life. And don't try to extended oil changes becuase you are using synthetic. Stay at 5K OR LESS whenever possible. ;)

Guest tbutera2112
Like he^ said, use a high quality oil. Definately use a synthetic 0-30 for turbo life. And don't try to extended oil changes becuase you are using synthetic. Stay at 5K OR LESS whenever possible. ;)

im bad about doing oil on time...ill start aiming for 4k, that gives me 1k miles to procrastinate it lol

Guest tbutera2112
nice car Tyler!!! Ive been trying to talk the old lady into a Saab for years...

wanna race?

lol both of your cars would probably rape me...

210hp at the crank is serious business

Guest tbutera2112
Nice car, almost bought my wife an 08.

Just be easy with it, they are not cheap to fix when shit breaks.

thats what people are telling me, but its a chevy malibu platform, with the same engine as a sunfire (plus a turbo) ....ive looked at parts and they were the same price or cheaper than my fords....idk how labor is, but ill cross that bridge when/if i get to it

thanks...ill still wait and see what people think about mobil....ive heard that castrol sucks...but ive never tried it...does mobil make an oil similar to what youre talking about?

Not that I am aware of. However any regular full synthetic will be 100% fine. People's opinion on oil is just like anything else in the automotive world, everyone has a brand/style they like, and nobody can change their mind. Unless you find oil analysis' online that show that the oil you are using breaks down too fast (ex: oil starts to break down at 3k miles and you don't change it until 5k miles) then I would just buy whatever one you want. Like I said, we have used M1 5-40 (VAG specs) for over 100k miles and never had any engine problems. I am using Valvoline because the dealer uses it for my free maint, then I will do some research on high quality oils (more expensive than M1, castrol etc).

not gonna lie...im surprised people like the car lol, i expected the opposite responce! but i love it

Its a quality, sporty, entry level luxury style car. What is not to like? You will start to understand why people enjoy GTI's, A4's and 9-3's more after owning this for a while. There is something to be said for a comfy, quality, fun to drive daily over a beater and a corvette.

Guest tbutera2112
Nice car btw Tyler. . . aside from busting your balls. Speaking of which, you wanna place some gamecube tomorrow?

thanks man...and hell yea, ill bring the nattie

Guest tbutera2112
Not that I am aware of. However any regular full synthetic will be 100% fine. People's opinion on oil is just like anything else in the automotive world, everyone has a brand/style they like, and nobody can change their mind. Unless you find oil analysis' online that show that the oil you are using breaks down too fast (ex: oil starts to break down at 3k miles and you don't change it until 5k miles) then I would just buy whatever one you want. Like I said, we have used M1 5-40 (VAG specs) for over 100k miles and never had any engine problems. I am using Valvoline because the dealer uses it for my free maint, then I will do some research on high quality oils (more expensive than M1, castrol etc).

Its a quality, sporty, entry level luxury style car. What is not to like? You will start to understand why people enjoy GTI's, A4's and 9-3's more after owning this for a while. There is something to be said for a comfy, quality, fun to drive daily over a beater and a corvette.

ive never ridden in a car that drives this nice, aside from my friends mom's lexus suv

its like driving on a cloud, shifts are smooth, clutch is smooth, its amazing...im used to riding in my mustang or the truck lol

this is all too much to think about lol, i may just find a saab dealer and start letting them do my oil! oil on my truck was cake, but i never did it myself on the mustang because it sat so damn low...might take the saab in aswell

ive never ridden in a car that drives this nice, aside from my friends mom's lexus suv

its like driving on a cloud, shifts are smooth, clutch is smooth, its amazing...im used to riding in my mustang or the truck lol

Quite the change I imagine. We should do a couple pulls sometime stock vs stock.

Guest tbutera2112
Quite the change I imagine. We should do a couple pulls sometime stock vs stock.

i could be up to this once i get the feel for the car a little bit more...ran out first gear today and before i got to second i bounced the limiter...it revs quicker than i expected and my reaction time was too slow lol...havent driven stick since april

i could be up to this once i get the feel for the car a little bit more...ran out first gear today and before i got to second i bounced the limiter...it revs quicker than i expected and my reaction time was too slow lol...havent driven stick since april

Sounds good, give me a shout.