Those thinking about DeVry,

BIGGU

so for those of you that have the experience, what college would you recommend in Columbus? I need someplace relatively inexpensive since I'm on a budget, but someplace decent, I don't want to waste my time. I pretty much wasted my youth away being irresponsible and only went a couple of quarters at the Ohio State branch in Delaware so I would pretty much be starting over lol. I have a great job now but I would like to advance someday and get a better paying job; its amazing how limited you are when you don't have that degree! I was thinking the lead program at Ohio Domincan, or maybe Franklin University...just bachelors in business...

so for those of you that have the experience, what college would you recommend in Columbus? I need someplace relatively inexpensive since I'm on a budget, but someplace decent, I don't want to waste my time. I pretty much wasted my youth away being irresponsible and only went a couple of quarters at the Ohio State branch in Delaware so I would pretty much be starting over lol. I have a great job now but I would like to advance someday and get a better paying job; its amazing how limited you are when you don't have that degree! I was thinking the lead program at Ohio Domincan, or maybe Franklin University...just bachelors in business...

I am an ODU LEAD graduate. I wouldn't say inexpensive and LEAD in the same paragraph.

You get out of education, what you put into it. If you are a slacker, you will not get much out of it. If you knuckle down, ask questions, and basically have a good work ethic, you will go far. I don't think the institution is at fault for you being a slacker, ever.

Devry teaches in a more tech-school format and aim for a certain type of student. (intelligent underachievers) ITT is similar. OSU wants your tuition and as many of you as it can get.

either way, an education is important, just as important has a good work ethic.

I went when Joe went as well and I feel its changed for the worse. I graduated in 00 and already had a job with MCI then the Bernie Ebbers crap happened and I was laid off for 8 months. I then went to work for DeVry for a few years then was laid off from there as well. Two months later I got a job with a gov't contractor (Still work for them) and can't complain. I learned a lot but don't use a lot of it what I learned either since I graduated with a EET degree and work in IT I use it minimally. I'm three courses away from my masters in MNCM though from Keller and while it likely won't help me with my current employer it will when I move on along with my security clearance.

I don't think it was a waste of time or money but its definitely changed.

You can find someone from any place of education to explain just how much it sucks, and likewise you can find people that do nothing but praise it.

I graduated DeVry in 2006 with my BSEE. Had a job lined up a month before I graduated (using DeVry's assistance) which pays very comfortably. Yes it was expensive, but when I broke it down, I paid less than a couple guys I graduated high school with who went to OSU for their "4-year" program. I was out in 3 years, with a job, with less debt with a specific degree. My buddies graduated eventually, without a job as their degrees were generic, and they have more debt.