Anyone know anything about this bike?!?!?

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91

anyone ever seen this bike before? or know anything about it? its an 07 gsxr, just and exhuast and had a 62 tooth sprocket. sprocket is stock now. no PC or anything. he says it runs great. nothing wrong with it and never been wrecked. the guys from dayton but his gf lives in hilliard.

seems like too good of a deal to be true. i told him i have dibs im going saterday to look at it with my cousin (works a cycle search) and a checkbook.

he drive to cinci to work a lot so he said the speedo says 17,000 miles but he says its cause of the sprocket. he said it really only has like 8,000 miles. seem right?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1433269510.html

let me know.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

that price seems pretty spot on for a bike thats been ridden hard for a lot of miles

17k is a lot for that year bike, but over all its not a lot of miles still....a well taken care of bike should last just as long as a car does

i would go look it over and make sure everything seems good with it....but it looks like a very nice bike from the pic

as for the mileage being wrong etc, i know in a car if you have a shorter rear end gear, your miles rack up quicker....going from 3.27 to 3.73 in my car put me at 80mph on the speedo at 65-70....so 15 extra miles on the odometer for every 70 i went...so unless that sprocket was insanely different than stock, 8k miles seems like bs...if he woulda said like 14k then ok maybe...but then again, i dont know anything about bikes and gearing, so i may be wrong

Guest JCroz91
yeah i know how the gears are in a car and i agree i believe thats how a sprocket is. i didnt say i thougt it was fake i ment like do you guys think somethings wrong with the bike?? im bringing a bike mechanic to look at it when me when i go to pick it up

Guest JCroz91
did you ride it home? LOL

no no hahah put it in the back of my dads truck. he rode it to the kroger though and we rode it around the lot. runs perfect. there a tiny scratch towards the bottom of the left ferring but its hardly noticable. other than that its perfect.

Guest JCroz91
sweet! i miss having a bike but other things take priority.

So does this mean your just going back to a stock sixxer and having a fast bike?

ill just keep both the way they are. ill keep the supercharger on the six and keep the bike stock. i need to learn on it before i make it wayy fast. bikes are already very quick.

wheres a good cheap place to get my motorcycle lisence? lol

ill just keep both the way they are. ill keep the supercharger on the six and keep the bike stock. i need to learn on it before i make it wayy fast. bikes are already very quick.

wheres a good cheap place to get my motorcycle lisence? lol

i did mine and the broad street bmv, it was $25. I took the riders edge class just for fun and to make sure i was doing everything right. I had been riding for 3 years but it definitely was fun and worthwhile.

Oh i know the 750 is plenty fast stock, you'll need a lot of seat time to be able to outride that bike with ability. I'm sure insurance is a lot cheaper on that than a $15k car too.

make sure you get gear and ride safe.

Guest JCroz91
i did mine and the broad street bmv, it was $25. I took the riders edge class just for fun and to make sure i was doing everything right. I had been riding for 3 years but it definitely was fun and worthwhile.

Oh i know the 750 is plenty fast stock, you'll need a lot of seat time to be able to outride that bike with ability. I'm sure insurance is a lot cheaper on that than a $15k car too.

yeah im gonna stop by the pony and get a helmet and jacket soon. i doubt theres going to be many days left to ride this year. but ill ride around the neighborhood to start out

Guest JCroz91

so u mean u rod around for 3 years with no lisence? i dont plan on getting my lisence untill winter. it only costs $75 for classes?

so u mean u rod around for 3 years with no lisence? i dont plan on getting my lisence untill winter. it only costs $75 for classes?

yeah, you dont have to have your license to ride, just your temps which you can get in 15 minutes by taking a computer test that is multiple choice just basically about safety.

to get your license you have to take a riding test as well.

my class was $25, and me and my gf did it together, so it was $50 for everything, including using their bikes/gas to ride on. Just show up and go, you have to have a long sleeve shirt, gloves, a helmet and boots/high top shoes that cover your ankles.

i would recommend taking the class versus just the test. for a couple reasons...

one, taking the test is pretty hard on a sportbike because the handlebars do not have a good turning radius because the hit the tank, and you have to be able to do some tight corner turning.

two, if you drop the bike in class, no biggie, even if you break it, my gf dropped hers and snapped the mirror off/dented the tank, they said oh well, get up and keep going.

three, you get to ride different kinds of bikes, I took mine on a dualsport, which i'd never ridden but it was fun as hell to play around on.

Guest JCroz91
yeah, you dont have to have your license to ride, just your temps which you can get in 15 minutes by taking a computer test that is multiple choice just basically about safety.

to get your license you have to take a riding test as well.

my class was $25, and me and my gf did it together, so it was $50 for everything, including using their bikes/gas to ride on. Just show up and go, you have to have a long sleeve shirt, gloves, a helmet and boots/high top shoes that cover your ankles.

and i just go to the BMV and take the temps test?

Guest tbutera2112
and i just go to the BMV and take the temps test?

1. go to bmv and pay $25 for temp test

2. pass temp test and get temp

3. sign up for motorcycle ohio's BRC1 class...$25

4. take class, pass it, get awarded a card that waives taking bmv test

5. present card to bmv within *i think 90 days, it says on the card*, and pay fee....get license

6. barrel roll

I'm going in tomm. to take the temps test, pretty pumped to say the least. Right before winter I know, but I'll be ready for the spring. I'm planning on taking the class since motorcycles were pretty foreign to me until like a month ago. We got that R6 at the shop and i have been tooling around on it in the parking lot, I'm at the point where I want to hit some residential and low traffic roads now, but don't have temps/license. Seems like a lot of fun, I've talked to so many bike people on what bike to have as a first and this 600 seems like it is PLENTY for a first bike.

Edit: reading pwns me again

Guest tbutera2112
dude told me its like $520 a year for full.

i would have that checked again....i think he lied to you, especially with your driving record

my record isnt even half as bad as that, and my bike is a cruiser and its much older than yours, and im older than you on my moms policy with multi plan discount etc etc

i pay double that

depends, pauls bike is going to be cheaper than a gsxr600.

alot depends just on the insurance agency. State farms is the cheapest i know of.

I pay 108 per month for my cbr600rr for full coverage 100/300 liability with a $500 deductable (sp?)

and my drz is 36/month