Both of our baby makers will be gone

Buck531

So my wife found out a month or so ago that her pains in her stomach were caused by two c-sections and that her uterus attached itself to her stomach lining. Only way out is a hysterectomy. So she goes in on November 11th to get it removed and then the fun begins of 6 weeks of me baby sitting her.

I already had a vasectomy back in 02 or so we were done having kids anyways.

Anyone (female only lol) (or wife) had one of these done? What's the expected downtime? Doc is telling her about 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear buck. I know this can be devistating for some women. Hope she has a speedy recovery. My wife has had a few friends have to have this done and if memory serves she will have to take hormones from now on to help regulate things.

Nope.. no hormone pills here. The doc is leaving her ovaries so there won't be a need for hormone pills :).

no more periods! NO more waiting 5-6 days. lol :)

She's pretty cool about it. Any surgery scares a person. I think she'll be ok.

We just got back from the doc. Gotta be in at St. Annes at 5:30 am on November 10th. Two hour surgery. Two days in the hospital. Then he said "bed and breakfast for 4 weeks" :). Oh joy.

Nope.. no hormone pills here. The doc is leaving her ovaries so there won't be a need for hormone pills :).

We just got back from the doc. Gotta be in at St. Annes at 5:30 am on November 10th. Two hour surgery. Two days in the hospital. Then he said "bed and breakfast for 4 weeks" :). Oh joy.

WOW man that sucks... Best wishes to you guys hope everything goes smoothly

Guest tbutera2112

waiting? fuck that...God invented showers for a reason...its much tighter at that time of the month too!!

but +1 on carefree creampies!

waiting? fuck that...God invented showers for a reason...its much tighter at that time of the month too!!

but +1 on carefree creampies!

god didn't invent showers, actually the greeks were the people who invented what is now modern day showers, but early forms of showers were found before the greeks in India, Egypt, and Mesopotamia, but these included vases and no drainage system.

btw, sorry to hear about your wife, but I'm sure she'll be fine! Oh and as stated above, watch out for the mood swings, they aren't fun!

god didn't invent showers, actually the greeks were the people who invented what is now modern day showers, but early forms of showers were found before the greeks in India, Egypt, and Mesopotamia, but these included vases and no drainage system.

I am so close to -repping you:p

Guest tbutera2112

btw, sorry to hear about your wife, but I'm sure she'll be fine! Oh and as stated above, watch out for the mood swings, they aren't fun!

god invented the greeks

Eh, small price to pay. ;)

100% carefree creampies ftw

I think his comment of "I already had a vasectomy back in 02 or so we were done having kids anyways" took care of the worries 7 years ago ;)

Uh.....unless you're thinking.....Oh, never mind......I'm sure you just drop by during the week to say hello to Buck:p

I think his comment of "I already had a vasectomy back in 02 or so we were done having kids anyways" took care of the worries 7 years ago ;)

Uh.....unless you're thinking.....Oh, never mind......I'm sure you just drop by during the week to say hello to Buck:p

Winner. :)

I'm sure everything will go fine. From the pain she's been having the past 2 years from the scar tissue I'm sure it'll be a relief.

Hell, the doc today even said sex will be better. FTMFW. :bangbang:

Winner. :)

I'm sure everything will go fine. From the pain she's been having the past 2 years from the scar tissue I'm sure it'll be a relief.

Hell, the doc today even said sex will be better. FTMFW. :bangbang:

well now its "a sure thing" when worrying bout babies poppin out

I think the downtime isnt what you have to worry about, but the menopause she is about to go thru. I would suggest doing some hard core reading.

http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/hysterectomy-recovery.html

Seems to have alot of good info.

Good luck and im sorry she has to go thru this. Its not an easy task for a woman, and from some of the parenting websites i have been on, this could be emotionally hard on her. Some women have claimed to feel that the most vital part of thier bodies gone. Be easy on her and give her lots of hugs.

I dont know if this if viable for you guys, but have they discussed freezing eggs for you guys? I ask because hysterectomys are NOT reversible like vasectomy. This could be a scary time for her, realizing she can no longer have children.