House behind me went back to the bank, who is responsible for upkeep?

Total Sign

The bank is supposed to take care of it.

Our house was a forclosure, and they half-ass mowed it. We have 2 acres, all grass, and they mowed probably .75 acres worth. We actually came over once during the contract time to mow it ourselves because of the piss-poor job they did...I'm sure the lawn care guys were a little surprised to see someone came out and mow the whole thing. Didn't motivate them to mow anything extra, though.

The home next to ours has been empty for 3 years, from what we have been told. People drive by weekly curious about it, but looks like it has liens out the ass on it, and mountains of paperwork. No one takes care of it, nor checks on it, ever. Myself and the neighbor on the other side of it take care of mowing; we mow about about a half acre or a little more of the property; the whole back yard is overgrown, but I'm not about to mow another 2 acres after doing my own.

I guess we could call the city, but I think it has to be pretty overgrown before they will do anything about it...I don't want to look at it like that. Hell, I'm tempted to clean up the overgrown bushes in the front of the house.

The bank is supposed to take care of it.

Our house was a forclosure, and they half-ass mowed it. We have 2 acres, all grass, and they mowed probably .75 acres worth. We actually came over once during the contract time to mow it ourselves because of the piss-poor job they did...I'm sure the lawn care guys were a little surprised to see someone came out and mow the whole thing. Didn't motivate them to mow anything extra, though.

The home next to ours has been empty for 3 years, from what we have been told. People drive by weekly curious about it, but looks like it has liens out the ass on it, and mountains of paperwork. No one takes care of it, nor checks on it, ever. Myself and the neighbor on the other side of it take care of mowing; we mow about about a half acre or a little more of the property; the whole back yard is overgrown, but I'm not about to mow another 2 acres after doing my own.

I guess we could call the city, but I think it has to be pretty overgrown before they will do anything about it...I don't want to look at it like that. Hell, I'm tempted to clean up the overgrown bushes in the front of the house.

Any idea on the asking price for the house next door? Or an Address?

Any idea on the asking price for the house next door? Or an Address?

No one knows...it's not for sale. It is in a legal battle that no one knows what is owed...my guess is there are over a million in liens on the joint, as I heard the guy did some other stuff to build another home from the loan on this one. But that's all just neighborhood rumor...everyone and their brother are interested, but no one can buy it. Only thing I know for sure is the owner paid 720k for it.

It is the bank's responsiblity for the up keep of the grounds if they own the property now. Call the city and they will mow it and bill the bank.

You can get the city to take care of anything that is a health risk and they will bill the owner. We had a guy put in a pool around the corner, then move out. So we had a half full swimming pool breading mosquitoes. Some one called the health department. They came out with a one foot cube block of chlorine and chucked it into the pool. Told us they would tack it on the guys property tax.