Shinoda Boss is here 800HP

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/2010-shinoda-boss-mustang-boasts-800-a-6012.html

Larry Shinoda was the original designer of the Boss Mustang, and his cars went on to dominate the SCCA and NHRA racing series. Shinoda even had a hand in designing the famous Stingray Corvette - not exactly a small fish in the car world. The Boss made a brief comeback from 1994-98, but Mr. Shinoda passed away in 1997, and we haven't seen a new Boss until now. Last week, Ford announced the 302R Boss race-only car. This week, it's all about the 2010 Shinoda Boss.

As cool as it is, I fucking hate this part of Capitalism. In '69 it was what, a grand or two more to buy a Boss over a GT? Same thing for Shelby's, or even the Camaro's. And now you look at what you have to pay for new performance ones. Double, triple the price of GT's. Inflation doesn't even begin to cover that much mark up. All the more power to them I guess though if they can get a consumer to buy them.

As cool as it is, I fucking hate this part of Capitalism. In '69 it was what, a grand or two more to buy a Boss over a GT? Same thing for Shelby's, or even the Camaro's. And now you look at what you have to pay for new performance ones. Double, triple the price of GT's. Inflation doesn't even begin to cover that much mark up. All the more power to them I guess though if they can get a consumer to buy them.

Not to be too much of a pain here, but what were the stickers on those GT's? If they were say $4,000-6,000, then it's really not that much different on a % basis. Still way overpriced.

Is this actually release by Ford or just some package that a dealership put together? 800 hp seems like a lot for just slapping a SC on a 3V. Does it have a built bottom end/drive train to support it? Does it come with the standard warranty?

I want to know if it's a "TRUE Shinoda Boss" or if it's some wanna-be rip off package. 800HP, it better have forged internals.

-I get a real Boss one of these days anyway :cool:

Not to be too much of a pain here, but what were the stickers on those GT's? If they were say $4,000-6,000, then it's really not that much different on a % basis. Still way overpriced.

I understand what you're saying, but all things equal* the new pricing for these "performance" cars does not follow inflation.

Those prices are a ~30% difference because of the additional cost of performance parts and modifications to the vehicle then.

A base GT now is ~$25,000. That should make the Boss ~$37,500. And the price is double that in the auction.

This neither follows the % theory, or the calculable inflation since then.

*equal means not taking into the fact that they are upcharging the price due to percieved "collector value", limited production etc etc to inflate the price.

I think the car is a cool idea I am not a big fan of the stockish looking bullit rims but an 800hp car isnt somehting to call a shitbox, I think the people who dont like this car are taking a stab at the orignal poster rather than the car itself.....

or maybe these two are just coincidently hating on this car because they like to take stabs at gearhead lately who knows maybe im wrong:bangbang:

That thing is ugly as hell IMO...

Junk

The legacy started by famed automotive designer Larry Shinoda carries on as Team Shinoda releases details and photos for their 2010 BOSS Shinoda Mustang which packs an insane 800 horsepower. The 2010 BOSS Shinoda Mustang pictured here is just one of the models they are offering as we have not confirmed how many different levels of performance they will have. This Grabber Blue model is actually the first Boss Shinoda Mustang of 2010 as it carries the #001 serial number stamped into the firewall. At the heart of this 2010 Boss Shinoda Mustang is the 4.6-liter V-8 with a Paxton NOVI 2200 supercharger.

The exterior of the BOSS Shinoda Mustang is where the car really comes alive with it's famed BOSS graphics side stripes starting from the hood and ending near the bottom of each door. There is also