Another plane down!? WTF!?

Casper

According to CNN affiliate WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, one of the crash victims, Beverly Eckert, was the widow of 9/11 terror attack victim Sean Rooney, a Buffalo native. Eckert was traveling to Buffalo for a weekend celebration of what would have been her husband's 58th birthday.

Now that sucks.

I lost a friend on that flight this morning. She was one of our trainers for our salesforce here, and was also an avid motorcyclist. Her and I had worked together often and shared a beer or two when we had the time. Broke my heart first thing this morning.

Godspeed, Mary. You are missed.

I lost a friend on that flight this morning. She was one of our trainers for our salesforce here, and was also an avid motorcyclist. Her and I had worked together often and shared a beer or two when we had the time. Broke my heart first thing this morning.

:( I'm very sorry to hear that. RIP to Mary and all the other victims.

Damn dude. I'm so sorry.

Thanks amigos. Our whole campus is very sullen today, as you might imagine. So your thoughts and words here are very much appreciated much more than you can see. And to think that we here are 1/50th of the overall tragedy just humbles me. It give a somber perspective of life at large. Though I know that right now Mary would be telling us to get back after it and live for what's left, not for what's gone. Then again, that's what made her Mary.

My condolences for your lost. My thoughts go out to the rest of her friends and especially her family. My their burdens be lightened.

True, but the odds have changed a lot lately.

Actually, since 1995 the aviation accidents and fatalities have shown a downward trend, even though flight hours and mileage flown have increased. Data can be seen on the NTSB website.