So who bought a Droid today?

Putty

I am getting a new Verizon Phone either Tonight or Tomorrow.

I would like one, but I am VERY leary of a new model of anything.

I think I will probably just end up getting a ENV3. :(

KillJoy

Android has been out for over a year. Hardware wise I can kind of see where you are coming from, but the Droid Eris is a rebranded Hero, which has been out for a long time too.

You will kick yourself in the nuts if you get an ENV3 over a droid.

You will kick yourself in the nuts if you get an ENV3 over a droid.

I know :(

The ENV3 (the Misses has one) will do everything I need it to, and it is cheaper, both to purchase, and with the Monthly Plan. I do not "need" the Droid. Want, yes.... need no. :(

My Voyager took a shit... the Touch Screen no longer works. Apparently, it is common after the Mfg's Warranty is up :rolleyes:

KillJoy

I know :(

The ENV3 (the Misses has one) will do everything I need it to, and it is cheaper, both to purchase, and with the Monthly Plan. I do not "need" the Droid. Want, yes.... need no. :(

My Voyager took a shit... the Touch Screen no longer works. Apparently, it is common after the Mfg's Warranty is up :rolleyes:

KillJoy

i loved my old voyager. it was fast, and the perfect text messaging machine. the G1 (previous droid) was good on its original OS. i will be flashing the droids OS to my G1. i personally dont find myself attracted to the design of the droid. i would be curious to get ahold of one and play with it.

I got it as well.... I like it alot, just a few things I'm going to have to get used to...

and I can't figure out how to a.) uninstall apps I don't want and b.) set speed dials

a)2 ways: go to market - my downloads; menu - settings - applications

b)Menu - Settings - Call Settings - Fixed Dialing Numbers