Thoughts for a track day next year.

V8 Beast

With the trails events usually getting a good number of attendees I was thinking about having a more organized track day. By that I mean a balls to the wall competition organized by teams where a winners get a cash prize.

I haven't ran the idea by Ant or Waggs to iron it out (because it just popped in my head).. but figured it would be fun for some hard core competition. Here is what I'm thinking...

6 teams set up this way

1 x sub 10 car

2 x 10 second cars

3 x 11 - 12.9 second cars

4 x 13 + cars

1 x bike

Races would be pre set up and talleys would be kept to see what team wins the most races at the end of the day. It would be judged by the first to the finish line, not the best ET. Each team would also have to have their cars ready to go and lined up or they would forfeit the race. At the halfway point the winning team is crowned then we line up freely after that. Thoughts?

Oh.. and if you have Paul or the other hotlappers on your team you can sub them in their time class as much as you want. This way for people like me who only run their car like 5 times at track rentals I dont have to keep lining up every 10 minutes.

How would you know where your car fits in? I wouldn't be surprised if some teams had a lot of supposed "12 sec" cars that in reality run 11's. If people are honest about their setups and expectations it shouldn't be a problem. Just something I thought I would bring up

How would you know where your car fits in? I wouldn't be surprised if some teams had a lot of supposed "12 sec" cars that in reality run 11's. If people are honest about their setups and expectations it shouldn't be a problem. Just something I thought I would bring up

Apparently with the current rules if you run an 11.0 you can race a 12.9 car. :rolleyes:

Everyone sandbags on this site except just a few of us.

Apparently with the current rules if you run an 11.0 you can race a 12.9 car. :rolleyes:

Theres a big difference between 10.9 and 10.1 too. This is for people that have gone to a track day in the last few years to discuss... Come in here bitching with a car that hasnt seen a track since people were racing horse and buggies.. gtfo

Are your wheels blue-green?

Depends on the lighting I suppose. In person they look like this color ->

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/DSC03654_5_6_tonemapped_2_2.jpg

But in pic like my sig where I fudged the parameters of the picture they look more dull, like so ->

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/tripleskate/DSC03603.jpg

To answer your question; green.

IF your going for the green look aleast do it right and get the OG wheels TE37's

I be wanting to join in on this too, hopefully next season my whole house does not burn down and I loose everything Ive ever earned burn up.

I couldn't afford/justify TE37's (in a decent size). My stockers are just for winter/cold months. I have something a little more flush for when it gets warm again.

I couldn't afford/justify TE37's (in a decent size). My stockers are just for winter/cold months. I have something a little more flush for when it gets warm again.

FWD cars care about being flush?

Why not just have a few classes of cars and everyone pitch in 20-30 bucks and have pay outs for different classes?>

If this is after income tax returns, ill definitely go. Sounds like alot of fun. It will give us "slow" cars the opportunity for a fair race. I need a transmission before i bang any gears.

Unfortunately, this is why i wont be attending tomorrows event. That 45$ entry fee will turn into an emergency 1k transmission purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

eeeh seems to many loose ends... have you ever though about peopel putting # in an doign bracket racing best of your 3 passes fo rthe day winner takes it .. mabey do one for each class slow cars mediium an fast haha

With the trails events usually getting a good number of attendees I was thinking about having a more organized track day. By that I mean a balls to the wall competition organized by teams where a winners get a cash prize.

I haven't ran the idea by Ant or Waggs to iron it out (because it just popped in my head).. but figured it would be fun for some hard core competition. Here is what I'm thinking...

6 teams set up this way

1 x sub 10 car

2 x 10 second cars

3 x 11 - 12.9 second cars

4 x 13 + cars

1 x bike

Races would be pre set up and talleys would be kept to see what team wins the most races at the end of the day. It would be judged by the first to the finish line, not the best ET. Each team would also have to have their cars ready to go and lined up or they would forfeit the race. At the halfway point the winning team is crowned then we line up freely after that. Thoughts?

Oh.. and if you have Paul or the other hotlappers on your team you can sub them in their time class as much as you want. This way for people like me who only run their car like 5 times at track rentals I dont have to keep lining up every 10 minutes.

why my car is slow but consistant...

so how would I ever beat an 11 second car ever if I run high 12's? that's a big difference.

who car es what you dont race any more nor have/will you show up to a event. PASSS

Well my car only run 13s...

bet your ass im in make up the rules and lets race!

lol sure it does if you let off at the 660 mark haha

Why have teams, why not race someone for like 20$ a race. Pick your opponent and race, loser pays up. I dont see the point in teams. Even pinks doesnt have teams, its every man for himself.

hmm...

my winter cr vs your winter car.

97 expedition vs your 2500 silverado. 20 bucks dig race