Production twin turbo Camaro...

Brandon

unfortunately, the awesome bob lutz says a lot of stuff that usually ends up getting the ax by the bean counters.

just happened to look up some info on this guy and saw this...

While at General Motors, Lutz championed the import of the Holden Monaro to the United States as the Pontiac GTO. Other cars such as the Cadillac Sixteen Concept; Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice; Pontiac G8; Chevrolet Malibu; Cadillac CTS; Buick Enclave; Cadillac Converj Concept; Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept; Chevrolet Camaro Concept; Chevrolet Camaro (production version); Chevy Beat, Groove and Trax Concept Studies; and 2010 Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Equinox, and Cadillac SRX are said to be Lutz initiatives.

Not going to happen. As a whole, the American public who aren't car inclined won't resonate with a turbo-charged v6 camaro car. They will hear "V6" and then it's in one ear and out the other.

i think you would be suprised. The v6 camaro has already made a name for itself by having 300 hp and still getting 30 mpg. This car is supposed to still get that 30 mpg as long as you dont beat on it to hard, while making a decent amount more power. So as long as they can keep it priced decently, i think they would sell like crazy. Also i read something a while back that gm was thinking of doing something like this to compete with an ecoboost mustang (if ford did make one) and the GT-R

The guys who are talking about how people will hear v6 and not be interested. I've been around cars long enough to know if you say the T word people get hesitant to play.

The supra is a I6 and a helluva a car. I think with the direction injection this car would be fucking sick. I am willing to bet a tune "up the boost and lean it out" the car makes 425wheel. Go Go direct injection. I wonder if the injectors are big enough for some corn.

Just like with the Genesis I would take the turbo model over the larger displacement model. But then again thats just me.

Imagine stage 2....

EDITED TO FIX FAIL

Edited by Thorne
failure

The guys who are talking about how people will hear v6 and not be interested. I've been around cars long enough to know if you say the T word people get hesitant to play.

The supra is a v6 and a helluva a car. I think with the direction injection this car would be fucking sick. I am willing to bet a tune "up the boost and lean it out" the car makes 425wheel. Go Go direct injection. I wonder if the injectors are big enough for some corn.

Just like with the Genesis I would take the turbo model over the larger displacement model. But then again thats just me.

Imagine stage 2....

I thought Supras were straight 6s?

I haven't read where Ford was putting the Ecoboost in the Mustang, but I wouldn't be surprised. This would be a great idea to compete.

I thought Supras were straight 6s?

I haven't read where Ford was putting the Ecoboost in the Mustang, but I wouldn't be surprised. This would be a great idea to compete.

well as far as i know its not confirmed or anything, it was just alot more speculation than anything i guess. as far as they are saying now, its just gonna be a 3.7L NA version on the ecoboost motor that will put out about 310 hp.

well as far as i know its not confirmed or anything, it was just alot more speculation than anything i guess. as far as they are saying now, its just gonna be a 3.7L NA version on the ecoboost motor that will put out about 310 hp.

yep, there aren't any plans for an ecoboost mustang in the short term is where it stands right now, so don't look for one atleast until the new body style comes out(2014 more than likely, to coincide with the 50th anniversary).