Any "must have" PS3 games

Nitrousbird

I've had my PS3 since March, and never played a game on it.

My wife wants me to put together and X-mas list, and since my relatives from Newfoundland want to get me something, I need small stuff that will travel easily. I have a Wii and every GH / Rock Band game you can get for it (modded Wii :) ).

Only game I could think of was Resident Evil 5. Wouldn't mind a Gran-Tursimo-ish game - but nothing with a bunch of riced out BS and lame racing. Anything else? I'm not a big gamer, but wouldn't mind a couple games for it.

I've had my PS3 since March, and never played a game on it.

My wife wants me to put together and X-mas list, and since my relatives from Newfoundland want to get me something, I need small stuff that will travel easily. I have a Wii and every GH / Rock Band game you can get for it (modded Wii :) ).

Only game I could think of was Resident Evil 5. Wouldn't mind a Gran-Tursimo-ish game - but nothing with a bunch of riced out BS and lame racing. Anything else? I'm not a big gamer, but wouldn't mind a couple games for it.

are they in the same region as the US. would suck to have them buy you some games an not be able to play them.

already been said, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is just a cinematic experience as much as it is a game. 9.5 hours of cutscene material rendered beautifully. A must have if you have a sick LCD/home audio system

edit: its pretty difficult so it may frustrate you, but it'll change the way you think about video games

already been said, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is just a cinematic experience as much as it is a game. 9.5 hours of cutscene material rendered beautifully. A must have if you have a sick LCD/home audio system

edit: its pretty difficult so it may frustrate you, but it'll change the way you think about video games

Don't get me wrong, MGS4 is easily my favorite PS3 game, but many people consider the lengths of the cutscenes a con, not a pro. I probably wouldn't have tried to sell him with that...lol. I like em though, fucking beautiful. Its also the first PS3 game to use every inch of a Blu-ray disk, space wise.

Demons Souls is a ps3 exclusive that not a lot of people know about, but is very very good if you're at all into RPG style games or even if not. Campaign takes some odd 85 hours to play through, and it has a ton of replayability with different class combos. Check it out!

Demons Souls is a ps3 exclusive that not a lot of people know about, but is very very good if you're at all into RPG style games or even if not. Campaign takes some odd 85 hours to play through, and it has a ton of replayability with different class combos. Check it out!

X2 Demon Souls FTW ! You do have to appreciate a little masochism though, that game beats the fuck out of you with no apologies.

Don't get me wrong, MGS4 is easily my favorite PS3 game, but many people consider the lengths of the cutscenes a con, not a pro. I probably wouldn't have tried to sell him with that...lol. I like em though, fucking beautiful. Its also the first PS3 game to use every inch of a Blu-ray disk, space wise.

I agree that its definitely frustrating, especially when the knock on MGS3 was that the 1.5 hours of cutscenes was too much...so much for Kojima listening to his fans.

Still, if you grab a six-pack and some nachos its pretty easy to sit through all the yapping.