Found a new road for my Top Ten List

RadDawg

Last weekend I had to make a run to Marietta. Took 70 to 77 for the trip down, bored to death. For the return trip I told the satnav to get me home with no freeways. It found OH-550 from Marietta to Nelsonville. Great road. Lots of sweepers and elevation changes, no traffic, only one Sheriff, sleeping in a parking lot in a small town (Barstow?) File it away for next spring. The CTS loved it, it would rock on a bike or a more sporting car.

(Barstow?)

Barlow.

I grew up in the area, and have promoted that road as being one of the best in Ohio for a while now, I think you are the first person on here to actually drive it though, that isn't from around there. I may have to take that route when I go down there wednesday to see the family, it's been a few years.

The rule for driving 550 is go as fast as you want in the 55 zones, but when the speed limit drops below that, you better slow down.

PA roads > OH roads

but you gotta have some balls just to get thru some neighborhoods. lol

when i go out there to visit my best friend now, i get there friday, park my car, and dont drive until i leave sunday. that city is fucking nuts. bunch of twisty, winding, one-way streets with cars on each side, roads coming out of no where, constant extreme elevation changes...my old car, i'd have some fun. a beater with stock everything, no way.

we get out of the city a bit, and its still all curvy/elevation changes, with just less cars on the road. theres some good spots to have some fun. i guess thats a benefit of living in a shitty city built in the appalaichan mountains.