This is why I say FUK Time Warner!!!!

Putty

According to the salesman I spoke with a few nights ago with Time Warner they will be bring a FTTC solution in columbus sometime in the future. I have done no research i'm just spreading the rumors.

No we won't be. We are deploying DOCSIS 3.0 currently, you won't see a FTT Curb/Home from us any time soon. The sales guy was trying to get you to buy shit, on the premise we would be FTTx in the next few years.

I work for Time Warner and have for almost 3 years, taken supervisor calls and dealt with this issue many times. When you have pixlating like that on your tv, its more then likely the signal coming into that box. Just because a tv that is cable ready with no box has no issues doesnt mean a tv with a box wouldnt pixilate. A tv that has any type of box requires a stronger signal to make it work properly. Usually if you are the only one in your immediate area that is having issues, its a single problem with the lines to your home, which this is what is sounds like.

I completely understand being upset with it but calling in and demanding a supervisor, thinking that a supervisor in CUSTOMER SERVICE is going to be able to tell you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it not going to happen. When you talk to a supervisor, just let them know your frustrated which Im sure they can tell by talking to you and they will get the information to a Tech Super (which will be the one to fix the issues) so he can get it fixed for you.

As far as Time Warner fixing the Former Adelphia areas, this is a constant work in progress. You have to understand that some of Adelphia's plants were and are a little behind the times and its going to take Time Warner time to update all of these. People complain that they cant get certain services there like Phone, RoadRunner and HD....what is the point in trying to give people in these areas those services if we cant run then properly to begin with!?!?

Not saying that you dont have a reason to complain, bc I definately would, but I can tell you from taking the supervisor calls, that the supers you talk to are limited to what they can do bc they are in a CALL CENTER. More then likely in a call center in Zanesville and Lima, so its not like those people can just run to a Tech Super for your area and be like hey this customer is having issues, can you fix this? We rely on emails for alot of communication so that in itself takes time!

No matter what company is it, there is always going to be good and bad that you hear about them...WOW, Insight, ATT, Verizon, and Time Warner. I get my share of people that complain all day about any of these companies and I get my share of people that complain about Time Warner. If any of these companies were perfect, none of them would have retention depts, trouble calls to fix issues, etc.

why does it matter? I have an opinion just like everyone else does, so I posted..big deal.

Relax, I think he was just pointing it out. :)

Regardless, thanks for the info on that. I have the same problem with my TV that the OP has, but it comes and goes. Only happens with HD though. It hasn't gotten bad enough where I'm calling TW. Yet... :mad:

Relax, I think he was just pointing it out. :)

Regardless, thanks for the info on that. I have the same problem with my TV that the OP has, but it comes and goes. Only happens with HD though. It hasn't gotten bad enough where I'm calling TW. Yet... :mad:

I wouldnt wait to call though..dont want it to get worse. At least they can send a tech out to see whats going on, ya know?

I work for Time Warner and have for almost 3 years, taken supervisor calls and dealt with this issue many times. When you have pixlating like that on your tv, its more then likely the signal coming into that box. Just because a tv that is cable ready with no box has no issues doesnt mean a tv with a box wouldnt pixilate. A tv that has any type of box requires a stronger signal to make it work properly. Usually if you are the only one in your immediate area that is having issues, its a single problem with the lines to your home, which this is what is sounds like.

I completely understand being upset with it but calling in and demanding a supervisor, thinking that a supervisor in CUSTOMER SERVICE is going to be able to tell you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it not going to happen. When you talk to a supervisor, just let them know your frustrated which Im sure they can tell by talking to you and they will get the information to a Tech Super (which will be the one to fix the issues) so he can get it fixed for you.

As far as Time Warner fixing the Former Adelphia areas, this is a constant work in progress. You have to understand that some of Adelphia's plants were and are a little behind the times and its going to take Time Warner time to update all of these. People complain that they cant get certain services there like Phone, RoadRunner and HD....what is the point in trying to give people in these areas those services if we cant run then properly to begin with!?!?

Not saying that you dont have a reason to complain, bc I definately would, but I can tell you from taking the supervisor calls, that the supers you talk to are limited to what they can do bc they are in a CALL CENTER. More then likely in a call center in Zanesville and Lima, so its not like those people can just run to a Tech Super for your area and be like hey this customer is having issues, can you fix this? We rely on emails for alot of communication so that in itself takes time!

No matter what company is it, there is always going to be good and bad that you hear about them...WOW, Insight, ATT, Verizon, and Time Warner. I get my share of people that complain all day about any of these companies and I get my share of people that complain about Time Warner. If any of these companies were perfect, none of them would have retention depts, trouble calls to fix issues, etc.

I have reason to complain. I have had TW service for just about two years. Got it when my house was built. I started to complain of this very issue within a month of having the service. For the last two years I have called off and on about it. Having box after box replaced, multiple techs come out, bills refunded, credits, stop pays, etc. Here I am again...still dealing with it. It's BS and unacceptable. I'm locked into the service because honestly, I dont want to pay more a month to have separate service for internet, cable and phone, using diff companies. Therefore, I have to deal with this shit. I demanded a supervisor this time because as you saw from the video....I can't even watch TV at this point. I've had first, second and third level techs out, i've taken off several days from work for the various levels of tech to tune into the stat station and say "yep, I see bad packets". Well, dipshit...that's the same thing the other dude said and the guy before him. Fix the shit! No one has. Thus, I refuse to pay for cable service again until it's fixed. I pay for internet and phone, but forget about a cable payment.

I have reason to complain. I have had TW service for just about two years. Got it when my house was built. I started to complain of this very issue within a month of having the service. For the last two years I have called off and on about it. Having box after box replaced, multiple techs come out, bills refunded, credits, stop pays, etc. Here I am again...still dealing with it. It's BS and unacceptable. I'm locked into the service because honestly, I dont want to pay more a month to have separate service for internet, cable and phone, using diff companies. Therefore, I have to deal with this shit. I demanded a supervisor this time because as you saw from the video....I can't even watch TV at this point. I've had first, second and third level techs out, i've taken off several days from work for the various levels of tech to tune into the stat station and say "yep, I see bad packets". Well, dipshit...that's the same thing the other dude said and the guy before him. Fix the shit! No one has. Thus, I refuse to pay for cable service again until it's fixed. I pay for internet and phone, but forget about a cable payment.

If you dont pay your bill, i will mess with your internet next.

Be honest...most of those areas won't get updated. Cost per homes passed is way too high...you will never make your money back. There is a reason most rural areas don't have cable.

But unlike the other companies, WOW the JD Power awards for cable, phone, AND internet this year, with the highest scores nationwide, for customer satisfaction. WOW is growing in Time Warner areas every month, taking Time Warner customers.

Why? Because the customer comes first. Better customer service. WOW runs on a much smaller budget, with FAR less advertising dollars and not nearly the brand recognition. Can be competitve in price, but can't do price undercuts. But yet WOW still thrives.

I am stuck with Time Warner service where I live, and the customer service has been aweful. It has always been back end issues...random charges being added to my bill that no one has explaniation as to what the charge is for or how it got put on there. Caller ID that took several phone calls and weeks to fix (on a native Time Warner number, no less). Somehow not being able to delete an old number that was ALSO Time Warner native and discoed when we moved to a different area code that took a pile of calls to get removed so we could be looked up correctly in CSG.

Now your troubleshooting for the digital breakup issue is partly correct. It can be from low signal, high signal, cable box problem, or issues with ingress caused by a pile of problems (loose fittings, crap cable, damaged cable, bad splitters, etc.). Or it can be plant related, both in signal, SNR, ingress, headend issue, or a number of other problems. There is no one explanation to digital breakup.

Screw it, I feel like sharing my Time Warner story from when we moved from our condo to our new house (were stuck with Warner at our condo too). Mind you I NEVER let the Time Warner techs in my home, as I can do 10x better job than anyone they could send, and the issues have never been signal/cable related, as my install is RIGHT and the plant is fairly new underground plant where I live. I'll just copy/paste the running document I have:

Time Warner Call and Issue History

6/22 – Called to do a no truck roll, move transfer. Everything was up and running. Per rep, transfer would complete on 6/26, and we would then get our new number, as the old one was a different area code.

6/26 – Checked the phone that evening, still the old phone number, but all services working.

6/29 – Checked phone, no dial tone, HSD and Cable fine. Called TW, they stated the work order was somehow cancelled. 45 minutes on the phone, they were able to get us up and running, and transferred everything to the new account. But because of this screw up, now there is a cancelled account under the same phone number that causes a hassle every time we call. Also, our old number is still linked to the account, which also adds to confusion on future calls.

7/6 – Notice a $9.95 transfer fee on the bill. I call because they totally screwed up the transfer, so why should I pay a fee, and they never had to roll a truck. This rep decided to cold transfer me to Cleveland without ever telling me a thing. Cleveland was totally stumped, and then transferred me back to Columbus. This is when I discovered the two account deal, which confuses the reps every time I call in (though that had nothing to do with being transferred to Cleveland). I basically had to demand to get the fee off of my bill. The rep was so confused she had to call me back, and did take care of crediting my fee.

7/11 – We notice that when we call others, the wrong name shows up on the caller ID. The name is my wife’s ex-boyfriend from YEARS AGO. We only use this phone for the free LD to Canada, so it gets a bit awkward calling home with his name showing up. He was on the old account a few years ago, but was pulled well before Janet and I ever met, and he has had no contact with her for years (never in the entire time I’ve known my wife). He has never lived at this address or had this phone number. The rep had a bit of an attitude with me (mind you, I have been VERY polite with all of my transactions with Time Warner). The rep finally asks what I want the name to be…I tell her, and she says it will be changed within 4 business days.

7/27 – Check the CID again, and still showing my wife’s ex’s name. I call in, and the rep is telling me it must be on the people we are calling, and not Time Warner, as she could see nothing wrong. Mind you this was verified on both a Rodgers Cable (Canada) switch, and a WOW Cable switch, neither with pre-programmed phones. She then tells us it is after hours (8:30ish PM), and to call back the next day to have the PAC group look at it.

7/28 – Called again, and the PAC group opened up a trouble ticket. We were told this would be fixed within 5 business days.

8/4 – We get our bill, and it went up A LOT ($60!). Before calling, I verified the CID was correct, which it now was. The credit that was supposed to go on the account did post. But then there were 3 other charges from that same day (7/6), all listed as “TRANSFER BALANCE TO (AUTO)”. The charges were for $14.77, $7.89, $7.03. The rep I spoke with did some research and could not figure out why those charges would be on the account, and after a good 10 minutes on the phone, was able to credit my account. BUT, my standard bill (pre-tax) went from $126.50 to $155.20. That’s a hefty $28.70 hike. The rep stated it was because a 2-year discount to the account had expired. I told him this was unacceptable, and I will likely change service to DirectTV and Verizon. He tried to get me to sign a 1-year contract to bring the bill down. There is no way anyone in their right mind would sign a contract after dealing with all of these headaches, and this is cable…cable isn’t supposed to have contracts. He then transferred me to the retentions department. After a bit of looking, the retentions department was able to take my bill down to $112.80 pre-tax. Finally, SOMETHING good from Time Warner.

9/20/09 – We got our bill a few days ago. Found all of the credits were placed

correctly, and the new billing rate is correct as well. Then we notice ANOTHER miscellaneous charge on the account of $10.56. I call in on 9/20 and the guy says it was supposed to be a credit and not a charge, and credits back the $10.56 twice ($21.12). We also noticed that this bill STILL shows the old phone number on it from before we moved (which was also a native Time Warner number); the guy claims to have changed it this time.

I haven't had to call back since, so who knows if the phone number issue is corrected. Their service works for the most part (typical POS software issues on the box since TW insists on doing their own custom software), plus your typical single channel out here and there, or inconsistent data speeds (though far better than our speeds at the condo...again, with good signal/cabling).

To be quite honest if it wasn't for her working at Time Warner and us getting cable/internet for free we wouldn't have cable. There is nothing on tv worth paying money for if you ask me. We have every channel they offer and I usually end up putting it on channel 416 which is the rock music station....Thats not really TW's fault either because they have no control over what the stations broadcast they just provide the channel, but still its ridiculous the price it cost for cable for what your getting