This is why I say FUK Time Warner!!!!

Putty

Anyone else dealing with this? I get this on all channels. They have been out here so many times and have no idea. I called tonight and told them I refuse to pay the bill anymore. They are sending a supervisor out here on Weds. I soooooooo need U-Verse to hurry to my area.

CLICK! (Video)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/Bikerpicz/th_IMG_3071.jpg

Demand they run a new line from your pole to your house. I had something like this happen with Insight. I had to talk to a supervisor and he had a tech come out and replace the line. I happened to have a few large branches constantly rub against my cable line...

Anyone else dealing with this? I get this on all channels. They have been out here so many times and have no idea. I called tonight and told them I refuse to pay the bill anymore. They are sending a supervisor out here on Weds. I soooooooo need U-Verse to hurry to my area.

Dont be so quick to join Uverse, its not THAT great. The only reason Im still with them is b/c they took 22$ off my monthly bill for the next six months or I would've switched by now.

I called up WOW the other day to have them run a cable line to my garage ($20.. not bad). And I told the lady on the phone "Time Warner is offering a lot more, at a lot less price".. She dropped my bill $20 for the next 12.

Not that it helps your situation..

Long time ago WOW replace the line from the pole and they said it had squirrel chew marks on it. Replace. good as new.

It's a shame there aren't better cable techs out there. I got lucky the second time I had Time Warner out and got a tech who knew what the hell he was doing. Guy was here for over an hour re-doing every connection between the street and my box, stuff has worked good ever since.

Hopefully you'll get someone with a clue out there.

We will see what happens after Weds. At one point I had gone 3 months without paying for cable due to this issue. I refused to pay back in March. I refused again yesterday. I can't watch that TV at all. TVs that dont have a box are fine.

Time Warner only delivers basic cable to my house, no digital channels, no road runner. They aren't investing in new areas, they probably aren't spending anything on keeping the old areas running either.

That sounds like a pretty brash statement there. The problem being, you live in an old Adelphia serviced area, out by Canan. The plant, which isn't even 750mhz plant, doesn't have the capacity to deliver HSD or Digital to you.

Nice try though.

Been getting that a lot recently. Signal strength is perfect all throughout my house too.

Fuck their shit. Verizon needs to hurry up and get FiOS over here. They could easily drive time warner out of columbus.

Verizon would have to be the Incumbent Phone Carrier in Columbus before they could deploy Fios in Columbus.

According to the salesman I spoke with a few nights ago with Time Warner they will be bring a FTTC solution in columbus sometime in the future. I have done no research i'm just spreading the rumors.

btw I dropped my bill from 158 a month to 107. I guess all the promotions that I signed up for were over and they were charging me full price for the bundle I had for the past few months. After a few minutes of being over persistant he found me a 50 dollar discount for the same bundle.

Verizon would have to be the Incumbent Phone Carrier in Columbus before they could deploy Fios in Columbus.

No you don't, it's call being an overbuilder. What do you think WOW is.

I don't see FIOS in Columbus because Columbus is too saturated with competition as it is.

No you don't, it's call being an overbuilder. What do you think WOW is.

I don't see FIOS in Columbus because Columbus is too saturated with competition as it is.

Phone Companies can't overbuild like Cable Companies..... Phones work like this:

ILEC - Incumbent Carrier who owns all the gear

CLEC - Leases ILEC's gear to re-sell services, for sometimes cheaper than the ILEC.

Verizon would need to be an ILEC, wherever they deploy FiOS, because they need to have Franchise Rights, and Agreements in place to have not only their Equipment on the Ground, but their Fiber/Copper on the Poles and Underground.

Bottom line, unless AT&T gets bought by Verizon, or Verizon buys AT&T you won't see FiOS here.

they are testing Fios now in part of Hilliard and Dublin.

They can't be, they have no Phone Equipment in Hilliard, and in Dublin it is out past the new HS, where there isn't anything built.

If you say they are then prove it, by snapping pictures of a Verizon FiOS install.

Here is the ONLY 2 614 Area Codes Verizon Services:

614-733 OH VERIZON NORTH INC.-OH 0615 PLAIN CITY PNCYOHXADS0 00/00/0000 Prefix Type: N/A

Switch Name: PLAIN CITY

Switch Type: GTD5EAX

LATA: N/A

Tandem: CLMBOH115GT

Detailed Switch Info

614-873 OH VERIZON NORTH INC.-OH 0615 PLAIN CITY PNCYOHXADS0 00/00/0000 Prefix Type: N/A

Switch Name: PLAIN CITY

Switch Type: GTD5EAX

LATA: N/A

Tandem: CLMBOH115GT

http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/ocn?ocn=0615

Verizon North services Ohio...they tested FiOS in Cleveland where they are the ILEC, and quickly backed out.