So who is doing a winter oil change?

RyM3rC

I'm sure it is better to not let dirty oil sit over winter, but honestly how dirty is that oil anyway? Plus how much harm can it really do sitting in your oil pan? I've heard that it MAY dry on your clutch, and that can cause some damage to the clutch when you first start it. Repsol supposedly has an additive that prevents that.

Repsol ftw.

I've read and heard from salesmen (yeah, no shit) the acids that build up in the oil can hurt the bearings. I'm not dumb and I know it's not going to eat through my top bearing layer, but I'm gonna change it anyway so I figure why not now.

I do like the MX4t, but don't like the $9.50/quart so much! I was hoping to find some sales, like I know ronayers does free shipping over $40 or something every now and again. Shit I wonder if I can find a drum of repsol 10w40?

i change it the first of the season. if i ride it during the winter like i have in the past then yea ill change it but i dont see the harm in it sitting at teh bottom of the pan all winter... i change my oil on the regular so its not like the oil is bad or anything.

I've read and heard from salesmen (yeah, no shit) the acids that build up in the oil can hurt the bearings. I'm not dumb and I know it's not going to eat through my top bearing layer, but I'm gonna change it anyway so I figure why not now.

I do like the MX4t, but don't like the $9.50/quart so much! I was hoping to find some sales, like I know ronayers does free shipping over $40 or something every now and again. Shit I wonder if I can find a drum of repsol 10w40?

you cant find a better synthetic for the money then the mobile1

racing 4t.

you can get some non synthetic stuff cheaper.

personally i wont skimp on oil for my bike.

go to iron pony and browse around.. 9.50 for some full synthetic is cheap compared to there prices.

you cant find a better synthetic for the money then the mobile1

racing 4t.

you can get some non synthetic stuff cheaper.

personally i wont skimp on oil for my bike.

go to iron pony and browse around.. 9.50 for some full synthetic is cheap compared to there prices.

Yeah, it's a fine price honestly (especially locally). But doing the math for the old superhawk tells me that if I spend $7/quart each oil change instead of $9.50/quart, 4ish quarts so $10 per change more. Over the 100k mile life of the engine (yes, a superhawk engine will last that long even on semi-synth) that's a nice savings of $300+ if I change my oil every 3k miles, or about 30 times. How's that for math? I could almost buy another superhawk motor for $300, almost.