HB 191 Strret Racing Law, being debated today

GonneVille

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

· Requires a retailer who sells at retail nitrous oxide to require every person who purchases nitrous oxide in Ohio from the retailer to sign a nitrous oxide purchase statement, and requires a retail seller to retain every nitrous oxide purchase statement for a period of not less than two years from the date of the retail sale that generated the purchase statement.

fail

Well it has passed from what I saw.

How about we make Representative Celeste and friends feel some pressure?

I stopped reading, bummer. Looks like the gubberment knows best yet again.

we're all fucked.

I would not go that far. Those of us who do not drive like a dumbass won't have nearly the problems.

Now what we all should do bike and car guys is get our act together and bring home the points on why it is a bad idea to lump all of us into the same group.

I already put a bug in the ear of a relative that is a producer at NBC4 so getting coverage should not be a problem.

Guest tbutera2112
I would not go that far. Those of us who do not drive like a dumbass won't have nearly the problems.

Now what we all should do bike and car guys is get our act together and bring home the points on why it is a bad idea to lump all of us into the same group.

I already put a bug in the ear of a relative that is a producer at NBC4 so getting coverage should not be a problem.

you think youre not gonna get profiled in that bright-red loud trans am ? ha....you better idle everywhere you go or its gonna be street racing if you pass a cop who is having a bad day

we're all fucked.

How do you figure?

Cops have more important things to worry about then to spend their 8 hour shift looking for "Street Racers" I am sure that there were be more "Street Racing" citations as a result of this bill. I also believe that cases in the past that were able to get the charges dropped from street racing to just a speeding ticket are a thing of the past.

This forum as gone from who is the king of 270 and videos for a weekend to organized track days. I would say the members of this forum are going to be ok. You are only "fucked" if you are out street racing.

you think youre not gonna get profiled in that bright-red loud trans am ? ha....you better idle everywhere you go or its gonna be street racing if you pass a cop who is having a bad day

1. My car is not lound unless i stand on it.

2. I don't stand on it unless at the track.

I have nothing to fear since I don't break the law.

I would say the members of this forum are going to be ok. You are only "fucked" if you are out street racing.

This is only true to a certain extent. Much like the story DKilbourne shared, I've had similar occurences with the police in the past. Bored cop with a God complex and a hard on for yelling at someone with a "loud souped up race car" :rolleyes:

Most cops won't be a problem, but just like the world of car enthusiasts, there's always that small percent of fucking douchebags that ruin it for everyone.

we're all fucked.

meh nothign will change from right now unles your being dumb

lol my car is screwed my car screams RICER!!! as well as the loud exhaust an darrrrrk tint haha

How do you figure?

Cops have more important things to worry about then to spend their 8 hour shift looking for "Street Racers" I am sure that there were be more "Street Racing" citations as a result of this bill. I also believe that cases in the past that were able to get the charges dropped from street racing to just a speeding ticket are a thing of the past.

This forum as gone from who is the king of 270 and videos for a weekend to organized track days. I would say the members of this forum are going to be ok. You are only "fucked" if you are out street racing.

this this this.

granted the people that still/ still ill race will jsut be smarter an more careful

Fix your spelling Paul!!!!

ahhh come on brian not youuu say it aint soo making fun of me :( hah

How do you figure?

Hehe I remeber the 2 top 10 lists. We had rules about what mods you could have man that was fun times.

I don't like the idea of forcing vendors to keep track who buys nitrous I think thats stupid.

Hehe I remeber the 2 top 10 lists. We had rules about what mods you could have man that was fun times.

I don't like the idea of forcing vendors to keep track who buys nitrous I think thats stupid.

Regulating the selling of Nitrous..

Might as well regulate the selling of race gas at the pumps.

Wastegate Springs, Boost Controllers, should be regulated as well.

Forfeiture of a vehicle will never be mandated at the misdemeanor level, period. You guys are worrying over nothing.

This.

It will be more of a way to mess with people and make them worry. The civics with the decals will be profiled more than the people on here. Team Output is doomed!

Regulating the selling of Nitrous..

Might as well regulate the selling of race gas at the pumps.

Wastegate Springs, Boost Controllers, should be regulated as well.

E85 better be regulated I heard its the new race gas.......

I for one think street racing is bad and think that everyone should race legally. I will post this once a week so that I can find it quickly in the event that a mistake is made and I am said to have turned a corner too hard or accelerated too quickly. I dont race my car on the streets because its bad and bad things are things that I do not promote or do. In closing, I would really like everyone to leave from lights very controlled and slowly, restrict their exhausts to make them quieter, dont have tint darker than 50%, and always drive 3mph slower than the posted speed limit. I love this country and I love being an American.

Signed,

Dr. No

Looks like nitrous kit sales will go down and turbocharger sales will go up. Next thing they are going to pass is law requiring the removal of all aftermarket turbocharger and supercharger systems.

CARB standards already do a pretty good job of this. Hope Ohio doesn't adopt these standards, like other states have.

Hmm.

Looks like someone likes their new Ford Edge more then their WS6.

:bangbang:

I for one think street racing is bad and think that everyone should race legally. I will post this once a week so that I can find it quickly in the event that a mistake is made and I am said to have turned a corner too hard or accelerated too quickly. I dont race my car on the streets because its bad and bad things are things that I do not promote or do. In closing, I would really like everyone to leave from lights very controlled and slowly, restrict their exhausts to make them quieter, dont have tint darker than 50%, and always drive 3mph slower than the posted speed limit. I love this country and I love being an American.

Signed,

Dr. No